What's new
World Wide Stereo

Flush-mount or Stand alone speakers? (1 Viewer)

Duke72

Agent
Real Name
Brian Aucoin
Are there any quality flush-mount speakers out there? Or is my only option free standing speakers?
Best buy claims that Klipsch are the best mid-price speakers, is that true or should I be looking at something else?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Brian. Welcome to HTF!

There are several good makers of in-wall speakers: JBL, Polk, NHT, and others.

And nobody can tell you what is best->worst because speakers all have flavor and you may not like what I like.

My concern is that there is no flexability once you install the speakers and half the fun is playing around with things (but it's also a lot of work).

If you go with in-walls, consider getting someone who knows what they are doing to do the work for you so you have a better chance of getting them installed correctly.

And when a salesman tells you "... these speakers are the best" remember to mentally add: ".. that we are over-stocked with" or " .. best that we carry".

Hope this helps.

Duke72

Agent
Real Name
Brian Aucoin
Thanks for your reply Bob,
can you get the same quality w/ flush-mount or will I sacrifice sound for space? My room will be 15.5 X 18 so I do have room for stand alones, I just find that wall speakers look cleaner. What brands should I be looking for if I decide to go free standing?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks