Flush-mount or Stand alone speakers?

Duke72

Agent
Real Name
Brian Aucoin
Are there any quality flush-mount speakers out there? Or is my only option free standing speakers?
Best buy claims that Klipsch are the best mid-price speakers, is that true or should I be looking at something else?

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Brian. Welcome to HTF!

There are several good makers of in-wall speakers: JBL, Polk, NHT, and others.

And nobody can tell you what is best->worst because speakers all have flavor and you may not like what I like.

My concern is that there is no flexability once you install the speakers and half the fun is playing around with things (but it's also a lot of work).

If you go with in-walls, consider getting someone who knows what they are doing to do the work for you so you have a better chance of getting them installed correctly.

And when a salesman tells you "... these speakers are the best" remember to mentally add: ".. that we are over-stocked with" or " .. best that we carry".

Hope this helps.

Duke72

Agent
Real Name
Brian Aucoin
Thanks for your reply Bob,
can you get the same quality w/ flush-mount or will I sacrifice sound for space? My room will be 15.5 X 18 so I do have room for stand alones, I just find that wall speakers look cleaner. What brands should I be looking for if I decide to go free standing?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davefromlondon