What's new

FLINTSTONES ON BLU-RAY (1 Viewer)

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Speaking of the error episode others were discussing on the forum, just spotted this at Bill Hunt's website where you can e-mail WB for a replacement disc and here is how you go about doing as such...https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/102620-1300

They ask people to contact this email address to arrange a replacement disc:

[email protected]

Include in your email the following details:

• Full Name
  • Phone number
  • Email address
  • Mailing address where the replacement disc should be shipped
It sounds like the fixed discs are being produced now.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Speaking of the error episode others were discussing on the forum, just spotted this at Bill Hunt's website where you can e-mail WB for a replacement disc and here is how you go about doing as such...https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/102620-1300

[email protected]

• Full Name
  • Phone number
  • Email address
The email is NOT Working. ?? I clicked it and typed it in and Nothing happens. ???

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
The email is NOT Working. ?? I clicked it and typed it in and Nothing happens. ???

Rick, copy it exactly as you see it here below and include all the relevant info that was requested and then you should get an automatic reply message back and it should read as follows as I did this last night and it worked...Here is the e-mail addy again...

[email protected]

Thank you for your email. Given the ongoing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, replacement discs could be delayed. Assuming complete contact/shipping information was provided, the discs will start to ship no later than the end of November. Requests will be fulfilled in the order received.

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Rick, copy it exactly as you see it here below and include all the relevant info that was requested and then you should get an automatic reply message back and it should read as follows as I did this last night and it worked...Here is the e-mail addy again...

[email protected]

Thank you for your email. Given the ongoing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, replacement discs could be delayed. Assuming complete contact/shipping information was provided, the discs will start to ship no later than the end of November. Requests will be fulfilled in the order received.
Thanks, I sent my info to WB yesterday. ;) Did Not get any reply from them yet. Will be getting my Flintstones Bluray set Thursday from Amazon. :)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
How long should I wait to purchase this to make sure the corrected disc is included ?

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member

[email protected]

• Full Name
  • Phone number
  • Email address
Thanks for posting this. Just sent, and already received a reply:

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I got mine today from Amazon. I watched the 17th Episode. It's very Strange with No Sound Effects. The PQ on the Episodes is Excellent ! The 1966 movie looks Okay. It should have been in 1080p HD quality. Watching Disc 2 now. I will wait till the end to see Disc 1 since it's getting replaced with a corrected episode 17. How did they release it like that ? Doesn't anyone pay attention ?

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
It's because everyone is in a damn hurry to produce products for the holidays and yet we see what happens when careful attention is not adhered to...disc screw-ups and errors but at least the studios are recognizing the mistakes and rectifying it at the same time.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Got my set and watched 2 episodes last night and wow. One of the biggest improvements from DVD to Blu Ray I have seen. Most of the print damage is gone and just an incredible difference in color. The Jetsons, Scooby Doo and Johnny Quest were big improvements but not nearly as big as this probably because the DVD prints on those shows were in better condition than those for the Flintstones. Same goes for Space Ghost. The DVD was rough so the Blu Ray was a huge improvement.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Got my set and watched 2 episodes last night and wow. One of the biggest improvements from DVD to Blu Ray I have seen. Most of the print damage is gone and just an incredible difference in color. The Jetsons, Scooby Doo and Johnny Quest were big improvements but not nearly as big as this probably because the DVD prints on those shows were in better condition than those for the Flintstones. Same goes for Space Ghost. The DVD was rough so the Blu Ray was a huge improvement.
Yes they look Amazing to me ! :D Did you watch Episode 17 yet ? The Big Bank Robbery, with No Sound Effects or Music ! Quiet and Strange. :wacko: I sent my info to WB days ago for that replacement disc.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
No I did not since I knew it was defective. I will wait for the replacement disc. I received a reply that said they hope to start shipping replacements at the end of November. I was in the middle of another DVD viewing when this was announced so I paused that until this was released and I currently am in the middle of season 4.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I had hopes when this was original announced, oh boy relive those great days of childhood, but this hasn't been the turn of events, the special features in SD, A man called Flintstone edited, the abomination of adding that WWE movie, come on WB you could have done better and released A man Called Flintstone proper, and if you felt the need to add another feature, why not include The Jetsons meet the Flintstones, would have made more sense, and actual had most of the original voice cast still working, that just my two cents. I'll wait till the correct disc set are released before picking this up

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
If it were me, I'd of also swapped out the atrocious WWE movie for that cross-over with the Jetsons, and tossed in 'A Flintstone Christmas' as well.

Only those two tv specials and 'The Man Called Flintstone' matter to me for post tv-series Flintstones content. Everything else I ever saw ranges from just okay to plain awful.

Last edited:

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
If I were king…I would have only included The Man Called Flintstone. Just the original voices on this set and the movie was done right after the series, so it actually kinda counts. Anything films, series or specials after that are just sequels and spin-offs. Also I’d include all of the animated sponsor stuff and whatever other promotional material that involved the character and original voices.

Also the movie would be in HD and with the Columbia Logo included. The WWE movie is a ridiculous addition and its inclusion is a head-scratcher.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I recently bought A Man Called Flintstone in HD on amazon prime. And of course the 6 season blue ray when it came out.
I got it on VUDU in HD a few months ago for $4.99 ! :D It looks very nice. Too bad No Columbia logo with Wilma at the opening. :huh: ...... I also have the Complete Flintstones series in HD on VUDU. :thumbsup::) Excellent Quality. I Love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks