What's new

Flexy rack for 160 pound TV - doubled 3/4" shelves and 3/4" rods? (1 Viewer)

marc_manny

Stunt Coordinator
Allen,

I think the only thing that was stainless steel was the washers. The rest was zinc plated. To me it looks just like stainless steel at a fraction of the price. I think with all the parts and the MDF it was about $100.00. The most expensive parts were the flange nuts. They were like $3.00 a piece for the ones with a black finish (which I bought) and $8.00 for stainless steel ones. I got all the hardware at McMaster or something like that. Everything came with in 3 days after ordering.

BTW there is no bow or anything under my TV. I have 2 2 foot rods in the middle, and they are about 4 inches from the edges. I have even moved the rack around a bit fully loaded. My dad and I picked it up from each end and nothing broke or moved.

Marc

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Rack looks great, Marc. Thanks for sharing. :)

I like the stepped router bit you used...that's called a "shelving bit" I think. I know what it looks like anyway. I may do that myself...was gonna just round over, but now you've got me thinking.

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
my white side 1/2" round over came with a second barring, smaller so would do that exact same profile, just a heads up if you are buying bits

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
Home Depot for mine, it was always located with the plywood. Although some people here have said that their local HD doesn't carry MDF cause of health reasons.

ChrisMcK

Stunt Coordinator
Marc
You have a great set up [rack] - this is exactly what i have been looking for. I currently have a 32 Wega - but would eventually upgrade to a 42" Sony LCD. Can you list out the materials you used for your rack

Thanks
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks