What's new

Flat-Panel Monitors - Recommendations - Reviews? (1 Viewer)

Mike Grell

Agent
I'm in the market to buy a Flat-Panel monitor for home use, primarily for word-processing, email, web surfing etc. Nothing fancy in the line of games, etc.

I've been to several stores, browsing various models and checking out screen resolutions, clarity, etc, but have found that many seem 'blurry', or have distince columns down the screen where things get fuzzy or lose some focus/clarity.

Sooo, without listing the models I've seen, can anyone here recommend a Flat-Panel monitor, preferably 18" or greater (21" being the max), and maybe a few words about it?

Also, if there is such a site, a Review site online would be great... curious to see user ratings, etc.

Any info / comments / feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

Lary Larson

Stunt Coordinator
The last issue of Maximum PC I read (which probably isn't the current one, but very recent) had a roundup of LCD monitors. I don't remember what they recommended, but I do remember that one of the general faults of LCDs is that they all have a native resolution - if you change that, you get the blurries. It's too bad the Maximum PC website sucks - you'll need to reference the mag.
Hope that helps a little,
Lary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks