What's new

Five Warner Titles For 2012 (1 Viewer)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
So Warner are releasing 40-50 catalogue titles next year on Blu, so how about five titles you'd like: She Wore A Yellow Ribbon - this should look fantastic on Blu Scaramouche - maybe include the silent version like they did on the French DVD release The Curse Of Frankenstein The Horror Of Dracula - I'm sure they've got the framing sorted out by now The Great Race I don't think anyone has started a similar thread, I had a quick look.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
My five are

The Great Race

Raintree County

Ryan's Daughter

The Haunting (1963)

Ice Station Zebra

I guess I tend to enjoy the epics.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
For me:

The Great Race

Gypsy

The Nun's Story

Love Me or Leave Me

Cabaret

BTW, they announced late last year that Singin' in the Rain, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, and Camelot would be released in 2012, so there are three of their 40-50 releases right there.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
MattH. said:
For me:

The Great Race

Gypsy

The Nun's Story

Love Me or Leave Me

Cabaret

BTW, they announced late last year that Singin' in the Rain, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, and Camelot would be released in 2012, so there are three of their 40-50 releases right there.
That's a good start, but if I actually sat down and tried to list every Warner movie that I want on dvd, it'd be a hell of a lot more than 5 films, let me tell you! I know they'll neglect some of my personal favorites, but they'll surely put out at least a few of them. And I think I'd better find a second job just to keep up with all these blu-rays that are suddenly flooding out this year and next...

jaaguir

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Javier Aguirre
40-50 titles in a year sounds pretty good, until you realize that's for all catalog, meaning titles of the 90's, 80's... In the end we know most titles will be 90's movies. The pre-1960 titles released will be like 5, as always on blu-ray. Which is ironic, since most people who get excited anticipating catalog releases are usually old movie lovers. Even all your lists posted so far fit that, although they do include some 60's movies, which still is quite close to that.

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, expect to be disappointed. After Bill Hunt wrote about the coming 40-50 titles he said look forward to seeing "Dave" and "The American President" in 2012

Oh Boy! I am so not excited!

Oh and WB anounced in 2010 that "Singing in the Rain", "Camelot" and "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" are coming out in 2012. Yeah, thanks a bunch WB for letting us know TWO years in advance (I don't even know where I'll be living I two years let alone start planning my disc purchases then) Plus I only buy WB disc when they are heavily discounted so it'll be another year - and by that time the newness factor has worn off and I usually pass on them. Better start saving those pennies now

Oh Well, that's money I can put to something other than a Warner Bros Blu-ray disc....Maybe Paramount will be where my money goes

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
5 titles i'd like can i just say The haunting 5 times ? no my titles would be The haunting. Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf. The horror of Dracula. lemme see about the 2 left. where is that list actually ? in here somewhere or thedigitalbits?

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
and remember George said Black and White doesn't sell - so no 30, 40 or 50 films (most WB films from that period were Black and White)

If you want a bunch of films from 1980 through 2010 you may be excited but the rest..come guys, who you kidding?

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
GMpasqua said:
and remember George said Black and White doesn't sell - so no 30, 40 or 50 films (most WB films from that period were Black and White)

If you want a bunch of films from 1980 through 2010 you may be excited but the rest..come guys, who you kidding?
A lot of colour films in the 50's, here's another five: Lust For Life Bad Day At Black Rock Mister Roberts The Naked & The Dead Land Of The Pharaohs

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Any Fred and Ginger Movies. Also I would like a good copy of Raintree County. I am still hoping my DVR doesn't give out as I have a copy of Raintree on that which I treasure.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Hoping that WB will do something special for the 50th anniversary of The Music Man...after the recent Blu-ray issue disappeared so fast.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
1) John Wayne: McQ 2) Steven Seagal: Hard to Kill 3) Burt Reynolds: Sharky´s Machine 4) Clint Eastwood: Tightrope 5) Steven Seagal: Exit Wounds

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I'd love an Elizabeth Taylor Blu-ray boxed set with: RAINTREE COUNTY NATIONAL VELVET CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF BUTTERFIELD 8 WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
I thought people were listing film on the 2012 Warner list Oh well,if we're all just speculating..then.. Bette Davis-DANGEROUS (1935 ) Alcoholism has never been so sexy. A Scorsese favorite of mine AFTER HOURS (1985 )-great extras on the regular dvd THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR-Yul Brynner-post-apocalyptic film set in New-york 2012. I'm reading the Wikipedia list of Warner films,so it could be a list of 50 and not just 5.

bugsy-pal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
So many to choose from... but of the big name movies, I'd like to see: The Big Sleep Mildred Pierce The Band Wagon A Streetcar Named Desire Rebel Without a Cause

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks