What's new

Five Warner Titles For 2012 (1 Viewer)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
What do people consider catalog titles? Is something from 2002 a catalog title? Personally, anything pre-1990 would be a catalog title. Many people don't consider 80's output worthy of attention - the fact is, plenty of fine films came out of the decade and many remain unreleased. Additionally, quite a few films from the 80's are on DVD but in mediocre editions. From Warner, I'd like to see the following catalog titles on Blu: Ice Station Zebra The Time Machine Bad Day at Black Rock Joe versus the Volcano The Long, Long Trailer

Brianruns10

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian Rose
Mega dittos on any and all 70mm titles. I'd also throw in the long-ago-promised-though-never-delivered silent classics in their library which include: Greed, The Wind, The Crowd and The Big Parade.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Luisito34 said:
What do people consider catalog titles? Is something from 2002 a catalog title? Personally, anything pre-1990 would be a catalog title.
I'm sure many agree with you but a catalog title is anything that isn't a current movie. For example, when the last Harry Potter comes out on video in November, it will be a new release but when the ultimate edition comes out by the end of 2012, it'll be a catalog title even though the movie will barely be a year old.

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Any film not release to a theater in 2011 will be a catalog title in 2012. So Waner is releasing 40 -50 films on blu-ray next year that are not new theatrical releases

Even the wonderful "Me and Orson Wells" from 2009 which still hasn't come to DVD (though planned for a while) is now a catalog title

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
East of Eden Giant 7 Brides for 7 Brothers Kiss Me Kate (3D) The Bandwagon

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
Arggghhhh. I LOVE Giant And i'll buy 7 brides just for the barn raising brawl and the barn dance sequences.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by kagemusha98

RYAN'S DAUGHTER
RAINTREE COUNTY
GYPSY
GREAT RACE
FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD

I like your list better than mine, except I would now put Giant on the list in place of Madding Crowd.

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
Gee,i must've lost the part where we split from listing just Warner titles now... Singin in the rain and Hammer I'm at a loss here... Warner owns Mgm catalogs and Hammer ? I don't follow these things so.. although a contradiction in terms,i am now looking for a crying smiley. I'll just put this here. :(

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Well so far it looks as the people want:

Ryan's Daughter

The Great Race

Raintree County

Gypsy

The Haunting

All excellent titles. I had forgotten about Around The World in 80 Days, and boy would that make a outstanding Blu-ray.

Scott Calvert

Supporting Actor
montrealfilmguy said:
Gee,i must've lost the part where we split from listing just Warner titles now... Singin in the rain and Hammer I'm at a loss here... Warner owns Mgm catalogs and Hammer ? I don't follow these things so.. although a contradiction in terms,i am now looking for a crying smiley. I'll just put this here. :(
Dude, what is your deal? Are you drunk or stoned or what? Warner put out Singin' In The Rain and a bunch of Hammer films on DVD. And is there something wrong with liking both? If so, my bad.

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
Scott,nothing wrong with the fact OR liking both,jeez dont take it personal we're all film fans here. as i stated in the post i dont check who owns what clearly and on every film. To me Singin in the rain is still one of MGM's most celebrated films and a Hammer film is ..well,Hammer,not Hammer/Warner or Warner/Hammer Next time answer nicely or don't answer at all please.

Scott Calvert

Supporting Actor
montrealfilmguy said:
Scott,nothing wrong with the fact OR liking both,jeez dont take it personal we're all film fans here. as i stated in the post i dont check who owns what clearly and on every film. To me Singin in the rain is still one of MGM's most celebrated films and a Hammer film is ..well,Hammer,not Hammer/Warner or Warner/Hammer Next time answer nicely or don't answer at all please.
I guess I just didn't understand your post or the whole frown face thing. It made no sense. Kinda like no spaces after commas. I'm at a loss :( Or something.

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
The following WB films yet to be released on Blu-ray were among the top 5 grossing films the year they were released (1950 - 1990)

Mister Roberts

Battle Cry

Around the World in Eighty Days

Giant

Sayonara

Auntie Mame

No Time for Sergeants

My Fair Lady

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Summer of '42

Jeremiah Johnson

A Star is Born

The Goodbye Girl

From MGM:

Annie Get Your Gun

Father of the Bride

Show Boat

Raintree County

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
"Cannonball Run", "Three Amigos", "Dave" "The American President" - each and everyone a true classic.

Right up there with their very best "Rebel Without a Cause" "Who's Afraid of Vrigina Woolf?" "Yankee Doodle Dandy" and "Giant",

( not to mention "Aunite Mame" "The Great Race" "Gypsy" and "East of Eden")

can't wait for "Revolution" "Big Bird's Adventure" and "Up the Academy"

JohnRa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Needham
montrealfilmguy said:
Arggghhhh. I LOVE Giant And i'll buy 7 brides just for the barn raising brawl and the barn dance sequences.
I agree with that. GIANT is my number one choice by far. I would add MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS as my next choice. A big YES for SEVEN BRIDES, too, for the same reason, and add in the "Lonesome Polecat" number. :)

GerardoHP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerardo Paron
Kiss Me Kate (only if 3D) Dial M fort Murder (only if 3D) House of Wax (only if 3D) Gypsy Raintree County Since I assume my three 3D choices will be ignored, I'm adding three more: Singin' in the Rain Meet Me in St. Louis Ryan's Daughter

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
My pick for a 50's Warner 3D movie would be, The Phantom Of The Rue Morgue, '54. It's a fun movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks