What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Fistfull of dollars/for a few dollars more special editions---When? (1 Viewer)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
How exactly did you pull that off? I saw them for a whole lot more than that. Was there some kind of special?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ScottLloyd

Stunt Coordinator
There's a link for $2 off everything but at this point I can't remember if I followed that link or another one. They have many sites/countries and sometimes the prices vary.

This is the link:

http://www3.cd-wow.us/promotion.php?..._1&affid=14282

Although it now shows $13.95. I've noticed prices on a few things go up over time. That happened with the Russ Meyer release as well.

There may be another link that I didn't bookmark that gave me the lower price.

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
is it just 2 second horse falls that got cut from the region 2 releases, or is it worse. consitering picking these up because we won't get them here any time soon

AlexNoir

Agent
I'd settle for an SE release of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly that didn't force us to watch the two reinstated Italian scenes with the godawful dubbing. Ever since I saw the pristine transfer of that DVD, I can't go back to the regular DVD, which has the superior cut. Terrible decision to have to make.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
With the German releases which I already own, I'm much more interested in a S.E. release of 'A Fistful Of Dynamite' aka 'Duck, You Sucker'.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
re: TGTB&TU; There are some easy to use DVD editing apps out there.
I use MPEG 2 Streamclip (Mac) and its FREE.

MattMC

Agent
I hate to sound like an idiot, but is it easy to purchase from the German Amazon website?? I only ask becuase I would love to have that box set!!

Beau

Supporting Actor
I'm fine with the bare-bones of FOD and FAFDM that are currently out. I'm more interested in a release of Duck You Sucker (aka, Fistful of Dynamite), the only Leone film not available in R1, not even a bare-bones version. Luckily, I was able to tape the full-length (157 minutes) version of it on OnDemand. Even though it's a pan and scan, it was nice to be able to see the uncut version. If DYS can get a R1 release I hope it's the full version, and, something else I'd like, is if they were able to put back in the "desert walk" scene I've read about. It would very nicely explain why Sean was so anxious to kill Juan and his family in the next scene.
Though as far as I know, that scene is not on any versions of the movie (please corrent me if I'm wrong). It'd be nice if they put it back in as it's an improtant scene considering what follows.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Just like purchasing from Amazon.com ; even if your unfamiliar with German the site design, and thus the setting up of an account and paying, is pretty much the same as at Amazon.com

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
As easy as it is for me to purchase from all Amazon sites: .com .ca, .de, .fr!

Your info is present on all four of them once you entered it into one of the sites. So that won't be the problem.

You may have some problems if your German isn't as good as it used to be... :)
However, the pages on that site are roughly the same as on the US site, so generally you may guess what it says (and you can get some help from a translation site).

One particular point of attention: it shouldn't add VAT once it figures out that your mail address is outside the European Union.

Furthermore: it takes some more time to have it sent to you. But my experiences (US -> Netherlands, UK -> Netherlands, Germany -> Netherlands, France -> Netherlands) are good.

Good luck!

Cees

Hartwig Hanser

Second Unit

for your information: It is the movie, not a documentary. It is just licensed to the "Süddeutsche", a daily newspaper, which sells its own "cinema collection" of selected movies. I rented one of those and the picture quality was bad; so perhaps those licenced versions have generally worse PQ than the "official" ones.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
BTW, for those who receive it, "Fistful..." has been playing in 1080i on the HDnet movies channel over the last few weeks. Future airings are:

12:30 PM ET - Sat, Jul 8th
6:15 PM ET - Mon, Jul 17th
11:00 AM ET - Tue, Jul 18th
8:00 PM ET - Sun, Jul 30th
11:45 PM ET - Sun, Jul 30th
8:45 AM ET - Sat, Aug 5th

Regards,

Shawn DuHast

Stunt Coordinator
Just received the German 4 disc digipak. GOOD NEWS. played 10 mins of both - no problems. Menus are all in English (or German) all the extra's on the English R2 SE's are here except for the photo gallery.

The sound is very good and the restored english mono is BETTER than the MGM 5.1 also on here with the commentary and German mono. The 5.1 sounds muddled compared to the mono which is strong and has good clarity and separation.

Picture. No problems I could see on my 6ft screen via InFocus 5700 projector from an Arcam FMJ-DV29 DVD player. Player is set to progressive playback and did not have to change anything.

Only watched first 10mins of each but doing A-B comparisons with the English R2 MGM SE's the German ones are noticeably better, they look less washed out, contrast is not set so high and colours are a lot more pronounced especially on Fistful, which is why I bought this set, but also on Few Dollars More as well.

They are also cleaned up a bit more as well as most importantly Few Dollars More is at last the full version, which no MGM DVD is worldwide......

Shawn DuHast

Stunt Coordinator
As in for instance when Clint walks in the bar in For A Few Dollars More and the sheriff lights him, on the 5.1 mix it's still coming from the front centre speaker but it all sounds a bit dull & muffled. The piano especially is way down in the mix.
On the Mono everything sounds crisp, clear, sharp and distinct especially the piano.
Therefore on the mono all the the sounds are clearly identifiable and therefore have good separation from each other.......within the MONO mix :)

Paramount & TOBIS HE are showing Sony how it should be done.
I would assume that if Sony ever get around to releasing these ever in the US I can't see any reason why they would not just use the same Hi-Def Master that Paramount was given & deemed not good enough visually,aurally and Few Dollars is incomplete.
They definitely did still need work doing to them!!

Paramount versions are the only way to go.
I know I've had the R1's, UK SE's and now the Paramounts.

Even worse thought:- what's the betting the marked & incomplete MGM one is also the version they announced on Blu-Ray :-(

MattMC

Agent
Greetings again, does anyone happen to know if there is another website that sells the German editions (seperate)? I only ask because I tried ordering the box set from the german amazon site and they stated that I had returned the set for a refund!! I hadn't even recieved the dang things from them!!! Please help me out if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks