What's new

First Shrek 2 Teaser (merged) (2 Viewers)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Sweet little trailer. Made me laugh!

As I absolutely LOVED Shrek, this one's obviously on my Hell Yeah list.

Thanks for the link, Thomas.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Very funny. Also funny that I just watched Shrek last night as filler before I went to bed, but I ended up watching the entire thing and went to bed at like 4am. :D

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
This is looking to be a worthy sequel. The only thing that worries me is the animation of Fiona's parents. Human CGI is so stiff!

The trailer itself is great. Gotta love that slow-mo hair flip. The cat character looks hilarious.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I really thought that a sequel to SHREK would be a disaster, but after watching the teaser I think it looks pretty good. I thought the animation of Fiona's parents was actually quite good for computer animation. Computer animation of human characters is improving with each release. So far, the best computer animated humans are still the ones in FINAL FANTASY: The Spirits Within.

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Anyone know what the story is supposed to be this time around? And let me add a big "yes"!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Picking up exactly where the first movie left off, this movie takes us to the kingdom of Far, Far Away (which looks a lot like Beverly Hills), as Shrek and Fiona return to her homeland to tell her parents (Cleese, Andrews) the good news. Not everyone is happy to find her married to an ogre, with the most irate in this group being Prince Charming (Everett), who was supposed to be the one who lifted Fiona's curse. We're also introduced to the mysterious Fairy Godmother (Saunders), and a bar called the Poison Apple, where the villains of the fairy tale world hang out, including the great ogre-slayer... Puss-in-Boots (Banderas).

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to see something that isn't so over-compressed, but it appears they're building on the first movie instead of trying to duplicate it, which is a good sign.

Lowell_B

Second Unit
Great trailer. :emoji_thumbsup:

Shrek was fantastic, and from the looks of this trailer, it looks like Shrek 2 won't be a disaster, thank god.

Todd Smigelski

Stunt Coordinator
Picking up exactly where the first movie left off, this movie takes us to the kingdom of Far, Far Away (which looks a lot like Beverly Hills), as Shrek and Fiona return to her homeland to tell her parents (Cleese, Andrews) the good news. Not everyone is happy to find her married to an ogre, with the most irate in this group being Prince Charming (Everett), who was supposed to be the one who lifted Fiona's curse. We're also introduced to the mysterious Fairy Godmother (Saunders), and a bar called the Poison Apple, where the villains of the fairy tale world hang out, including the great ogre-slayer... Puss-in-Boots (Banderas).
Awesome storyline. Just awesome. They whole family will be there opening day.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
I completely despised and hated the first film, but the fact that Jennifer Saunders is doing a voice in the film means I must see it now *sigh* :b

David C Lin

Stunt Coordinator
From the look of the initial poster art, Princess Fiona is back in her human form - I thought she was permanently changed to ogress at the end of the first movie?
Even if she's permanently changed to ogre appearance, it doesn't preclude her from having another spell cast on her to make her non-ogre in appearance. Maybe she did that before she went back to meet her parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks