What's new

First Shrek 2 Teaser (merged) (1 Viewer)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Actually, it's a print teaser. A full page ad in today's New York Times advertising the movie's release a year from today. I've seen some early teaser trailers, but this is the first time I recall a print teaser in a non-industry publication this far in advance.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Anyone have a scan of this, for those of us who don't like to get a paper that lies? :b :D

Actually, I just don't get it anymore, since it got too expensive to keep up my subscription. I'd like to see the ad, if anyone could scan it!

Lowell_B

Second Unit
Forget about the plagiarism, how can you trust a newspaper that doesn't run comics. :) (blatent "Non Sequitor" comic reference)

Seriously though, it'd be great if someone can get a scan online for people who don't have access to the Times. I just hope Shrek 2 doesn't doesn't turn out to be awful and at least lives up to some of the charm and wit of the original.

Lowell

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Well count me as very excited for this movie. I just love the first one.

It's very nice to know that all the principals are returning (Myers, Murphy, Diaz and - curiously enough - Lithgow too), and the names they've added sound promising indeed: John Cleese and Julie Andrews and Fiona's parents, plus Antonio Banderas, Rupert Everett and Jennifer Saunders in as-yet-unspecified roles.

I was reading a recent interview with Cameron Diaz and she said something to the effect of "the script is hilarious!" which is obviously something she's likely to say, but hey - at least we know the script is finished. ;)

Can't wait till next June!

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
From the look of the initial poster art, Princess Fiona is back in her human form - I thought she was permanently changed to ogress at the end of the first movie?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Forget about the plagiarism, how can you trust a newspaper that doesn't run comics. (blatent "Non Sequitor" comic reference)
Agreed there. That's why I DON'T get the Times at home. A real newspaper has comics, and frankly can't afford my comics fix AND my good journalism fix, especially with the premium outside NYC

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
His name was mentioned in an article that I read, plus (and I realize the source is not always reliable, especially this early in a film's production) the IMDb lists him alongside everyone else.

If I come across that piece again, I'll cite it here.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
OK, this wasn't the original source but it seems to jibe with what I read a few months ago:

Guess we don't know anything for sure yet!

Galen_V

Second Unit
I don't think that the first ad is real-it looks like it came out of Photoshop (how many times have you seen the actor's publicity shots in an ad?)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Since it's an annimated movie, they can't put them in character. They have to use publicity shots. I've seen it done with other animated movie, but I;m afraid I can't recall which ones.

Brenton

Screenwriter
The point is that it seems like an ad would just leave off the publicity shots. Animated or no.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The (teaser) trailer will premiere on Access Hollywood today/tonight, and is expected to be online in a better quality version tonight as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks