What's new

First HT system....thoughts??? (1 Viewer)

DENALI ST

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Hi, I am new to this forum and I just wanted to see what you guys thought of the Home Theater system I recently bought. I have an LG 42" plasma(all I could afford earlier this year, just got engaged....blah blah blah.), and coming tomorrow is a Denon AVR-2807, definitive mythos gem speakers for front mains and rear surrounds, a DT mythos seven center channel, and the SVS SB-12 for a sub. My room is not very large, we sit about 9 feet away from the TV. The dimensions are 12' W x 18 L x 8' H. Anyone have anything similar....any thoughts. Thanks so much, great forum!!!

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
That is a pretty good set-up. Should work well for you.

I would personally get an old Magnavox pro-logic receiver, with some Realistic speakers, a 70's Adcom subwoofer, and a cd/clock/radio for your source. This will save you lots of money.:D Of course the system you have will sound millions of times better than the silly one I proposed, have fun.:)

DENALI ST

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Funny you should mention those realistic speakers, lol. I remember owning a pair at one time, radio shack "special buy" right?

mylan

Screenwriter
That rocks for a first system! It is better than my second attempt. Let us know how those Def Techs blend with the SVS.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Try to guess which of those components I actually own.:D

Here are the options again.

Magnavox pro logic receiver
Adcom 70's 10" subwoofer
CD/Clock/Radio used as a source
Realistic speakers

robWD

Agent
Who DIDN'T own a set of Realistic (Optimus anyone?) speakers?

I had the 15"s!!!!!

You could see the fuse (I assume thats what it was) in the crossover glowing at high bass levels.

Great fun.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks