What's new

Firefly 12/06/02 (1 Viewer)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just got done watching this episode.

Good character development for the most part. I liked this episode.

I do have to side with Rex on this one. I was thinking it was odd that Niska was allowing the conversation to continue without saying anything. It was almost like he wasn't in the room. It was just an excuse for character development between Mal and Wash, which worked well enough for me on that level.

Jason

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Good grief, Rex! Calm down! It's all in good fun.
Sorry, I think it (breaking the subject) was and is always the point of torture. -*skip*- Just because he's not trying to elicit information, it doesn't change a thing or the analysis.
Perhaps I missed this when I was absent one day from torture class, but I must still disagree. Why must the subject pay exclusive attention to the torturer? Is it simply ego? Is this written in some torture handbook somewhere? Why can't the torturer derive pleasure from sadistic "failure mode analysis" like an engineer does when he analyses and tests a software module or a tall building? Expose another weakness, break another support, and see if (and how!) it falls. How fun! If you're not in a hurry (to extract information), then watching a candle burn for a very long time can be a lot more fun than just throwing it in a kiln.

Sorry, but I remain unconvinced.

(Please don't cut off any of my body parts.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks