What's new

Finally found the right SVS for me...I think (1 Viewer)

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
Tried the 2039 PCi and LOVED it BUT the wife said it was too big. Then ordered the PB1...it performed as advertised but it was big (it towered over my velodyne). So then the wife gave in to the cylinder and said, "I saw 3 cylinders in the picture, why don't you get the smaller one." So I ordered the 2531 PC+. I am very happy with it so far. I still have to play with the tuning (I am waiting for the wife and kid to leave me alone for an afternoon;) ). Ya gotta love SVS- I know I do. They have the entire sub range covered and they are still coming out with more subs!!!! SVS thank you.

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
I don't understand... The PB-1 is too big at 21" tall yet the 25-31 is 32.5" tall.

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
It was too big in the overall size...my wife is very picky BUT I do get my toys- I just have to compromise every now and then. The waqy the room is situated now, the sub is in a corner behind my Hitachi 50" which is on an angle. With the PB1, the TV came too far into the room- it does have a bigger footprint than the cylinder subs. The 31 inch height is almost the exact same as my Kef Q50's- which is a good thing.;)

Ray Nist

Agent
If it is behind the tv and out of site, why would it matter how tall it is? Does your tv rattle or shake from the sub being behind it? I think I am going with the 16-46 pc+ since it will be hidden behind the tv in a corner.

--Ray

Lee Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Lee Bailey
You made the right choice with the 25-31. It's not a matter of height, it's a matter of performance.

If you can't rattle the room with one, then that means you just need 2!

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
You could still see the 2039 when walking into the room, according to my wife. The 2531 is invisible- but it still THUMPS!!!!!!

Zac_F

Agent
Funny thing is, my 20-39 sub is never noticed by ANYONE. Even my wife admits it "hides in plain sight". Mine is in the corner behind my main. It is unfortunately out of order at the moment. The receiver I used as a sub-amp blew. A PE 250w plate amp is on the brown truck. Good thing I have mains that go down to 28hz.

Anthony.Lin

Stunt Coordinator
My 16-46CS sub hides in plain sight too. It's sitting in the corner of the room and most people don't even know it's a subwoofer and won't believe it until I play movies for them :)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, my 16-46PCi is seldom even noticed by people unless I point it out, since it's kind of obscured by the tower speakers and the widescreen tv. If it sticks out, that just means that you need a bigger wall of HT stuff. :D

Lynn Little

Stunt Coordinator
"If it sticks out, that just means that you need a bigger wall of HT stuff."

That's my favorite strategy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks