What's new

Finally, a new James Cagney film coming to DVD! (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
James Cagney has been criminally ignored on DVD, with only a handful of titles released, almost, all of which are public domain. Finally we will have a new title out on DVD. Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye, an underrated film noir is being released on 3/26 by Artisan,(A Republic title),for the low price of $14.95 retail.
Now if only Warner can get off it's ass and release some of his films.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I had my fingers crossed for Yankee Doodle Dandy, White Heat, Mutiny on the Bounty, or Public Enemy, but I'll take what I can get. :)
addendum: Before anyone gets excited, I know that Cagney was only an extra in Mutiny, but any excuse to mention it is a good one ;)
Regards,

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Who currently owns the rights to WHITE HEAT,

PUBLIC ENEMY and ANGELS WITH DIRTY FACES?

I had thought all Warner, but I distinctly

remember some of these released under the

CBS/FOX logo when on VHS.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
White Heat, Yankee Doodle Dandy, The Roaring Twenties, Public Enemy, Angels With Dirty Faces... are all owned by Warner. Almost all of Cagney's films made before 1950 are owned by Warner. All of these films were released on Laser by MGM but Warner now has the rights back.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ron,

Warner owns the following Cagney film among others, Angels With Dirty Faces, Love Me or Leave Me, The Public Enemy, The Roaring Twenties, White Heat, Yankee Doodle Dandy, G-Men, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, The Strawberry Blonde, Each Dawn I Die, The Fighting 69th, The Oklahoma Kid, City for Conquest, The Bride Came C.O.D., Come Fill the Cup, and A Lion in the Streets.

I am definitely buying this Cagney film noir classic! For those that haven't seen "Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye", Cagney makes his character Ralph Cotter even more brutal than Cody Jarrett from "White Heat".

Crawdaddy

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
Not exactly a "Cagney film," but an outstanding Milos Foreman film that captured Cagney's final film performance (which was excellent despite his physical ailments at the time): Ragtime. This one is a Paramount title.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Damn. You got my hopes up - I thought you were gonna say they were releasing White Heat! :) Needless to say, I'll be picking up KTG.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks