What's new

Fiberglass Resin (massing PRs) (1 Viewer)

Seth_L

Screenwriter
I have a slightly off the wall idea on how to weigh my PRs that involves copper BBs and fiberglass resin. I know where to get copper BBs, but I don't know where to buy fiberglass resin.

Anyone know (of have ideas) where I might be able to buy some?

Seth

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I'd probably experiment with clay/washers first to get the Mms you like...the fiberglass sounds rather permanent.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Most of the big box home center stores sell pints/quarts of 2 part epoxy. As stated above most auto supply houses have small kits of glass matt and fiberglass resin/hardner.

John J at Stryke uses JB Weld to attach pieces of thick solid steel rod. That's the slickest design idea I've seen. Try the loading first with hot glue, then use the JB Weld when you get the mass dialed in.

BB's can be purchased from any of the K-mart/Target or sporting goods stores that have a firearms/hunting dept.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
I'm not sure how much tuning there's going to be. My intention is to max out the PRs I'm using by taking all 4 of them to the 1500g limit. I'm not using any fiberglass, just the BBs in the resin as my mass.

Seth

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks