What's new

Featuring for the first time online... THE NICKSO HOME THEATER! (1 Viewer)

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Nick,
Not too bad for a 15 year old. I didn't have jack squat at that age so your doing okay.
Just make sure you do well in school and you'll have no problem with upgrading whenever you want.
Patrick
------------------
If you live in Vancouver, B.C. or the surrounding areas, take a look at the Local Home Theater Forum Meets section for a Vancouver meet.
My DVD Collection

Bruce Abar

Stunt Coordinator
Pretty cool nickso, when I was 15 I had a pioneer stereo, very nice for that time(1977), I remmeber I had to work every day afterschool for $2.35 per hour, but it was worth it!

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I think it is awesome you have a pair of old JBL Studio Monitors. Which ones? The pic is dark but they appear to be 4311 models. If so, they will rock.
I still have a set of L100's (furniture style of the 4311) as my mains and found I would have to spend a LOT of money to replace them with something better.
Your dad must be an old rock'n'roller, huh.
------------------

Jin E

Second Unit
When I was 15 I had run chicken wire into the back of some rocks and pretend they were speakers. I would then stick a coat hanger out of my ear and sing all of own music. I couldn't sing too loud though... or else my dad would come imto the room and beat me with a 2x4 with a nail sticking out of the end. I had to walk both ways to school uphill in the snow with no shoes, shirt, or pants. Kids now a days have it easy!
------------------
-Jin
My Theater

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
A 2x4 with a nail? YOU LUCKY BASTARD!
When I was 15, my home theater consisted of the tortured screams of the damned, emanating from 5 former rapists crucified at various points around my room. Bass information came from a baritone midget opera singer (the .1 channel if you will) who was corner loaded for maximum output and hooked to high voltage power which Hitler would occasionally shock him with. My father Lucifer would force-feed me broken glass and make me watch old episodes of "Cop Rock" at unbearable volumes while our dark lord Kathy Lee Gifford stabbed me with various plastic dining utensils. AND I LIKED IT!
But seriously... nice setup, Nickso.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It is a nice setup for 15. When I was 15, I had a boom-box, crappy headphones and a cheap 25" color TV.
I don't think it's a great idea to lay the Titans on their side. They are designed to image correctly while standing vertically. Paradigm tests their speakers for on- and off-axis response in an anechoic chamber and the numbers they give are for vertical positioning. (I'm impressed that they even report off axis numbers)
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)

Paul_C

Stunt Coordinator
Nick;
Not bad at all. At 15 I don't think I even had a stereo let alone an HT.
frown.gif

Hey, whatever happened to your LD player? Did you get it fixed?
I have an Elite CLD-52 and I think the pickup is starting to go and I am trying to find a good repair shop.
Paul.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
When I was 15 I had a transistor radio and a record player. :)
------------------
Marianne
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here,
this is the War Room Home Theater Forum!"

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Well, most of the stuff was from before my HT, the only thing I really contributed to it was the research for the Reciever, and the DVD Player... My dad saw how much research I had done, and what a good deal it was at the time, he bought it, considering its the family's HT and not only mine... :)
But I set everything up, hooked everything up, calibrated it, etc.
So its actually my family's HT, I just put everything together...

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Okay Jin and Jeremy, what's up with you guys from Alabama?
Is it Blair Witch at everybodies house?
eek.gif

Patrick
------------------
If you live in Vancouver, B.C. or the surrounding areas, take a look at the Local Home Theater Forum Meets section for a Vancouver meet.
My DVD Collection

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Oh, the Blair Witch wouldn't have stood a chance at my house. She'd have put those silly bundles of twigs around the house and dad would have just said "Boy, look at all the kindling! Son, throw away the teeth and hair and keep the wood." We'd have been setting Blair Witch traps... mounting cameras in the yard on scarecrows... and when that damned Blair Witch came out to kill them, we'd spring from our witch blinds and fill her full of buckshot. And then if she somehow managed to live through that, she'd hear the four words that everyone has grown to fear from a southerner... That's right...
"SQUEAL LIKE A PIG!"

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
very nice setup...you've definitely got the bug!
my system at 15 was one of those "all-in-one" stereo-systems from montgomery wards.
you know the one...
with the turntable on top, cassette deck on the left, 8-track (yes, i said 8-track) in the middle and tuner on the right. plus, two speakers that plugged into the back via a hardwired plug.
dang...those were good days!
:)
------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Nice setup!
When I was 15 (OK, OK, only 8 years ago) I didn't even know HTs existed!
--
Holadem - I am serious.

Steve Owen

Second Unit
All I can say is this...
Thank goodness there are still 15 year olds with an appreciation for The Beatles!
Phew...
-Steve

Rich Corle

Stunt Coordinator
Wow. I am also 15 and though i was the only one that remotely knew anything about home theater. Antway, I've assembled from scratch in 6 months without the help of anyone: a 32 inch TV (4:3, not flat, but i can't detect any distortion...) I just put in a new 600 watt JVC DD/DTS HTIAB that sounds really good but I will upgrade in a few years for sure. I got an apex dvd player which will be replaced very soon, but seems to be working okay. got my playstaion and a non-Hi-Fi VCR hooked up to it also. I know, many of the parts are very low end and cheap, but save for the dvd player, it will have to last me about 3 more years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks