What's new

Favorite Christmas Cartoons? (1 Viewer)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Quick! Everybody name their 3 favorite Christmas cartoons.

3. Futurama - Xmas Story. A robotic Santa has taken over the North Pole and every 'Xmas' (the official spelling in 3001) flies around the globe in a rocket sled dishing-out punishment for everyone (because nobody has ever been good enough to get on his nice list). Bender becomes the new Santa and hilarity ensues! Includes a pretty good Xmas song about the elve's forced labour practices.

2. Rudolph, the Red-Noses Reindeer (1964). - Yukon Cornelius, Herbie the dentist, and Bumble, the abominable snowman. And who can't love a 'Charlie-in-a-box' or a squirt gun that squirts jelly?

1. Invader Zim - The most Horrible X-Mas Ever. - Told by the framing device of a robotic snowman (Mr. Sludgy) 2,000,000 years in the future, the tale of the most horrible Christmas ever: Zim, an Irkian invader bent on world domination uses advanced Vortian military technology to built a Santa Claus disguise that will fool the human race into building the very device that will destory them all. Only Dib, and his father Dr.Membrane (who has hated Santa ever since he gave him socks instead of plutonium) can stand in his way!

Includes the super-cheerful X-Mas song

Bow Down/
Bow Down/
Before the power of Santa/
or be crushed/
be crushed/
by/
His jolly boots of doom.

Other Xmas highlights:
*Snowmen with TV faces display 'OBEY' at all times.
*Minimoose, the other sidekick who was "with Zim the entire time."
*Robot Elves!
*A giant robot/ gelatinous blob Santa fight right out of Akira.
*More superimposed cell-over 3-D computer animation than you can shake a candy cane at!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
1. A Charlie Brown Christmas
2. A Charlie Brown Christmas
3. A Charlie Brown Christmas

:D

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Invader Zim, for sure. The Invader Zim Christmas episode is topped only by the Invader Zim Halloween episode, which is the holiday episode of all holiday episodes of all time, for all universes. Of all time.

I enjoy Rodolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer, but with added commercials, some scenes have been cut. When I was a kid, I'm quite sure we saw Yukon Cornelius discover gold toward the end of the show. But they don't show that anymore. Plus, now that I've seen the show as an adult, it now occurs to me what a poopyhead Santa is. It was his bigotry that forced Donder into concealing Rudolph's nose with mud, and he dismisses the hard work of his elves with comments like, "Needs work. Gotta go."

But Rudolph isn't in my top three. Even as a clueless kid incapable of recognizing bigotry in Santa, I still had the presence of mind to prefer Charles Schultz's gentle, timeless, life-affirming treatment of Christmas in the Charlie Brown Christmas Special. Nothing comes close to its heartwarming, holiday spirit.

I also really like KISS Saves Santa!

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Brian, Yukon discovered a peppermint mine in the original cut of Rudolph. It is on the dvd, but was cut by NBC in 1965, when an audience write in forced the producers to film a new scene of Santa picking up the misfit toys. The original end credits were changed as well.

My Top Three:

1. Rudolph
2. Charlie Brown
3. Frosty the Snowman

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Peppermint? Whoa, that's sure not what I remember.

Thanks, Scott.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I just watched it again after several years away and the asshole Santa and bigoted, bullying reindeer came across big time. Rudolph should have told them all to "get bent" when they asked for his help.

1. The Year Without a Santa Claus
2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
3. Santa Claus is Coming to Town

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Oh, how could I forget about the Grinch? I can't bump any of the ones I like. Can I have four cartoons in my top three?

1. A Charlie Brown Christmas
2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
3. Invader Zim - The most Horrible X-Mas Ever
4. KISS Saves Santa

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
A Charlie Brown Christmas

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

:D 'Nuff Said?:D

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Brian, no prob. I forgot to mention that Rudolph and Hermey's duet "We're A Couple of Misfits" was also cut in 1965 and replaced with "Fame and Fortune." The dvd and recent CBS broadcasts have restored the original song. Rankin/Bass must have been fond of "Misfits" as it was used in the 1979 theatrical feature "Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July," the only R/B story to feature Frosty in "Animagic."

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of Kiss Saves Santa, that whole Family Guy episode is my favorite Christmas cartoon. :emoji_thumbsup: - although, you've probably figured that out about now by my sig. :D

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
The first one that comes to mind is 'Christmas Comes But Once a Year' (with Grampy), that's on just about every Christmas cartoon compilation. They don't make cartoons like they used to...

Buzz Foster

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Wasn't there an Aqua Teen Hunger Force Christmas episode? That one! And double for a Sealab 2021 Christmas (if it exists).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks