What's new

Farscape R2/R1 (1 Viewer)

Eric Sevigny

Stunt Coordinator
Are the R2 DVDs subject to PAL speedup or was the show produced/shot from PAL (which I guess would mean the R1s had to be pitch corrected)?

I don't care that much about video quality (hence getting the R1s is not a necessity) but I do care a lot about audio fidelity. I am afraid I will not be able to stand speedup/slowdown issues if there is any on the R1 or R2 releases. I searched the forum but haven't found a definitive answer on the issue.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The show was shot 25FPS. There is no pitch correction issues going from PAL to NTSC

Video quality virtually identical (both superb), R1s have commentary tracks that R2s lack

Some people said there was a pitch issue with the first disc, but I sure don't hear any difference, and I ALWAYS hear PAL speedup and find it very annoying.

Eric Sevigny

Stunt Coordinator
"Some people said there was a pitch issue with the first disc, but I sure don't hear any difference, and I ALWAYS hear PAL speedup and find it very annoying."

Are you talking about the R1s or R2s here? I've heard that the first few R1 disks suffers from "slowness" in the pitch and overall running time of the episodes. But that the other disks were pitch corrected to compensate for the PAL to NTSC conversion done. To me, if true, that is the equivalent of PAL speedup but for NTSC and I'll go with the R2s then.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
R1

I cannot detect any pitch issue, and if there is, it's on Henson's master tape so far as I know

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks