What's new

Fantastic Four: 2005 movie! info and coverart! (1 Viewer)

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Best Buy exclusive!

Best Buy is the only place you can buy the jam-packed Fantastic Four Gift Set! Get the feature film, tons of special features and extras that are worthy of superhero status:

44 Years of Fantastic Four DVD-ROM (50 Fantastic Four comic books!)
Reprint of a Fantastic Four comic book
Set of 5 round collectible cards
Fantastic Four logo sticker

Special features

Inside look at X-Men 3 hosted by Marvel guru Avi Arad
Cast commentary
"The Fantastic Tour" — behind-the-scenes home video hosted by the entire cast
Fox Movie Channel presents "Casting Session" and "Making a Scene"
Deleted scenes
Music videos

The Walmart site does not give any info on their bonus disc except it is a 50 minute making of.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Can any Best Buy employees perhaps help us out with this? I'm still trying to decide which version to get (though if the Gift Set is not bilingual, I may just pay the extra $5 for it . . .).

Vincent-P

Second Unit
Mum's the word from Best Buy at this point. I have been checking our employee toolkit everyday, but there is bupkus right now. Be assured, if I find out anything, I'll let people know ASAP like I did with the exclusive King Kong set Best Buy never bothered to promote.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
What? You're kidding . . . what did they not tell me when I went there today?

Looks like I should just get the regular Fantastic Four release to excape any headaches like this . . .

Vincent-P

Second Unit
Jim,
I'm not sure what you're asking. Best Buy has an exclusive box set for the new Warner King Kong releases that contains the Collector's Tin version of King Kong, whereas the box set at all other retailers only has the regular 2 Disc SE of King Kong. I made a big post about it last week when I found out about the exclusive box set.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just noticed when in walmart today that they will have an excl extrad dvd for this too.

looks like a making of type of thing, including footage not seen before or something tp that effect.

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
Best Buy.com has changed it's product info to read:

Fantastic Four Box Set Exclusive : Box - DVD

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....uct&id=1500717

Tho it still reads 4 Disc at the top of the page, the product info has deleted an reference to "4 Disc."

Think someone made a mistake while typing Fantastic 4 and made the gift set 4 discs by accident (and causing all this hype)?

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
I must have missed that somehow. Thanks for the clarification, though.

Well, just over a week to go until Fantastic Four hits and I've seen a handful of reviews, nothing major. Still pondering that "exclusive" Best Buy thing . . .

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
Here's the final specs for the Best Buy Exclusive:

Best Buy is the only place you can buy the jam-packed Fantastic Four Gift Set! Get the feature film, tons of special features and extras that are worthy of superhero status:

A CD-ROM featuring the first 23 issues of Fantastic Four, plus the annual issue of Ultimate Fantastic Four
Reprint of Ultimate Fantastic Four, issue 12
Set of 8 round collectible cards
Packaged in a round metal tin and includes a display stand

Available while supplies last.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...mcat75100050009

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
andrew, were did you get that link?

it doesnt go anywere.

John*D

Second Unit
Looks like I'm just going to get the WAL*MART WS w/ Bonus Disc.

I'll skip on the BB set, I'm not into reading comics, just the adaptations of them in movies/tv.

:star: Of course there will be a real 2discer next year and then again when FF 2 comes out, and so on... :frowning: la dee da...

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I was at Future Shop today and they had a standup ad thing for the set. They stated it was only a 2-disc set, with the only exclusive extras being the comic books on the 2nd disc. Plus a reprint of Ultimate Fantastic Four (Issue 12).

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if the bonus disc will be available in canada? I know lately it seems like Wal-Mart's exclusives are US only.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Ok, if this DVD has a "making of" on it what is so special about the "making of" bonus disc from WalMart?

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the making of on the region 1 dvd is featurettes on the movie, not feature length. I heard the region 2 dvd is 2 hours long or so.

JACOB

Jay Gunn

Stunt Coordinator
The R2 release sounds like a great set. I'm sure as with Fox's recent release strategy, the 2-Disc Special Edition we get here in the states in a few months will be nearly identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks