What's new

Fantastic Four: 2005 movie! info and coverart! (1 Viewer)

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
I wonder if the Canadian version of the Best Buy exclusive will be bilingual or not. It'd be great if it wasn't . . .

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Apologies if this has already been brought up... call me crazy but I thought the scene in the "deleted scenes" section where Reed and Susan go to where they had their first date and he talks about how he can be a "stronger man" was actually IN the theater version. In fact, it's mentioned directly in this AICN review ... http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20643

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
It is in the theatrical version. But he morphs into Doom instead of Wolverine in the scene. :)

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I dunno about anyone else, but my wife and I really liked "Fantastic Four" when we saw it in the theater this summer (my wife especially).

I know, I know...it seemed pretty "ordinary" and didn't seem terribly "fantastic." Personally, I think that is because people naturally compare it to the wonderful "X-Men" movies that have been released.

I have watched it on DVD, and I have to say that I like it more now than I did then (expectations and all). The first movie in a series generally sets the stage for things to come. As such, it tends to have a bit more exposition than others.

"X-Men" was a wonderful introduction on the big screen. A little tighter script in my opinion...and a little darker.

I'd have to say that I enjoyed "X-Men" better than the first "Spider-Man" (I was sort of ho-hum on that movie, but again, my wife loved it).

I DID NOT get the Best Buy version. I have bought the "extra disc(s)" versions of a few movies the last couple of months, and have been disappointed.

Both "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and "Batman Begins" sort of left me underwhelmed. Plus...I still can't justify the fact that so many movies come with an extras disc normally...and don't cost more...yet certain sets you have to pay more.

I do think the "store specific" exclusives is interesting. Kind of like back in 1979 when there were "exclusive" Star Wars toys that were only found at Sears. ;)

Anyhow...

I know this will come as a shock to some (and me too as I am saying it).

Even though "Batman Begins" is one of the best films I have seen this year, if you asked me which movies I'll probably end up watching more often -- BB or FF -- I'd have to go with "Fantastic Four."

It is like food. Sure...Thanksgiving Dinner is usually very good with all the trimmings -- certainly a signature meal. However, many times I prefer eating a pizza from the delivery joint up the street from my house... :)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
circuit city has a cool photo novel that they are giving away with a copy of F4. it includes some deleted scenes that were not in the movie.

JACOB

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Just saw this. I rank it up there (or down there) with Elektra and Daredevil. The only redeeming thing was Michael Chiklis and his portrayal of The Thing. He seemed to be the only one who actually put any effort into it although he does struggle with the awful lines. The Human Torch was ok, but I felt he was too much the 'cool factor' in the movie's demographic ambitions.

Couldn't they find a better way to discover their powers? And Doom...talk about totally missing an opportunity at a great villain. They really slapped the script together.

It wasn't any better or worse than I thought it would be.

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
I did not see this theatrically, but the scenes mentioned above are present in the R1 version. Don't know if they were originally longer, but Reed's chin, the kneeling/standing up, and Reed redirecting the water at Doom are all in there... and I would also galdly double-dip on this one. I have not had so much fun watching a film for pure enjoyment in a while - including Batman Begins.... I'm not saying it's a better movie by any stretch (pun intended) .... just more popcorn fun IMO ....

Todd Stout

Screenwriter

Here you go:

- "From Comic Book to Film" Adaptation Featuette
- "The Baxter Building: Declassified" Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
- Action-Packed Trailers for Daredevil, Elektra, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and X2: X-Men United DVDs!

So what's on the Wal-Mart bonus disc?

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
JoSAN,

are you saying that your copy does not have these scenes at all? Since I did not see this in the theater, I cannot say whether the scenes in question were trimmed, but they are definately there in some form.... Earlier in this thread, some were saying that the "Reed stretching to direct water at Doom" scene was removed, but the aftershot of a wet Reed remained. Others said the scene was intact, and I can confirm this part (just not whether the scene was trimmed from the theatrical release).... If you are saying that these scenes were completely excised from your copy (and not simply trimmed down), then there may be an issue that needs addressing...?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
what part of america, Cananda? Mexico?

those scenes are in the version i bought were i am, in the U.S.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

The posts detailing the WM Bonus disc were lost in the upgrade failure. To summarize: The feature-length documentary Heroes are Born: The Making of Fantastic Four from the R2 2-discer is the sole feature of the WM Bonus Disc, though it's been cut down from 97 to 50 minutes.

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
Whoa.....

.....All of the scenes you listed above for the theater are present and accounted for in my version, and I am in the States.... Why some idiot would make those changes and hope no one would notice is beyond me....

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
No planetarium scene. The first that Reed and Sue discuss their first date was on the dock when Reed shifts his jaw...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks