What's new

Fall 2010 DVD reissues (1 Viewer)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
This fall several DVDs have been rereleased in keep cases and some with new covers

APOCALYPSE NOW

THE ROAD WARRIOR

CONTACT (J Foster)

JACOBS LADDER

I just bought the 2010 reissue of JACOBS LADDER on DVD. It had a new cover and said © 2010 Lionsgate

but i put the disc on my computer and they are STILL using the 1998 transfer! The VOB files are the clue;

WTF is wrong with these people? Would it have killed them to make a new transfer if they were going to rerelease it?

A majority still watch DVD and it will likely stay that way especially in this economy

So I am curious

is the just released APOCALYPSE NOW DVD in the new 2.35 aspect ratio? (I believe it is the REDUX version)

Has THE ROAD WARRIOR DVD been remastered?

CONTACT? we shall soon see about 2010 on DVD as its out in a couple weeks it was flat WS before , so I cant see them giving us the same 1998 transfer AGAIN-but you never know

ive searched high and low but found no clues yet

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Well, for starters, Apocalypse Now was chopped to an aspect ratio of 2:1. Frankly, if the new one is 2.35:1 then I'd jump on it. Putting that aside for a moment, if Lionsgate is involved then you can pretty much forget about new transfers. They've been regurgitating stuff for years now and have rarely if ever bothered to fix a transfer. This is nothing new.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks