What's new

Extremis Coming Soon! (1 Viewer)

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
well i just finished my post mix and i am going with a speaker project next. a couple designs will be nice fir different bugets. also i love a mtm and also di/bi polar surounds

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
Supposedly the Dayton RS-series midwoofers compared favorably with some Seas oferings. Though subjective listening tests will tell the true tale of how the RS-series and the Extremis compare. I'm sure the Extremis will easily outdisplace the RS-series mids, and with the XBL^2 technology, it will most likely keep its head even at super high volumes where the Dayton driver will probably lose control over its BMs because the Extremis's VC will still be in the linear range. I'd like to try a design with the CSS 4" woofer and a B+G Neo3.

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Vince,

The shown frequency response is absolutely raw - no smoothing at all. Add the typical 1/3rd octave smoothing, and you'll get +/- 2 dB from 40 Hz to 4 kHz. Right on par with most high-end drivers.

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks