What's new

Ever find you own a DVD you didn't know you had? (1 Viewer)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Sort of. I'm slowly picking up the Star Trek: TOS collection. I lost track of which ones I had and bought one that I already owned.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
I'm slowly picking up the Star Trek: TOS collection. I lost track of which ones I had and bought one that I already owned.
Heh, that's why I have an Excel spreadsheet for Star Trek :)

Otherwise this hasn't happened to me, but I have less than 200 DVDs. Just the opposite happened the other night though... my wife wanted to watch Three Kings, thinking we owned it, but we didn't. Well, we do now :D

Jim Tudor

Stunt Coordinator
No, I've got everything pretty well mentally filed, but as someone else said, I do have a lot of titles I haven't watched yet, and forget about from time to time. (Due to them being buried on my shelf behind other unwatched DVDs. But I doubt I'd ever get confused and rebuy any titles.)

Just earlier tonight, before I read this, I decided to fish back in that ignored stack, and find something I've never seen before. Ended up watching David Mamet's "House of Games" - what a treat that was! :)

JiM T

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I think it doesn't really happen to me because I have all my titles entered into DVDAF. But I still don't know which "Flint" movie I have (I have one of the two) and I keep forgetting that I have "Remember The Titans" - a film that doesn't really belong in my collection.

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
Eisenhower was the last 5 star in combat, Omar Bradley (Karl Malden in the movie) got his 4th when Patton was skipped over. Bradley became Patton's superior and eventually had the Bradley Fighting Vehicle you see all over the news named after him
Bradley was given a 5th star also. I don't think during combat, but when he was Chairman of the Joint Chiefs.

-- Matt

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
I keep an excel sheet printed out with all of my dvd's on it - with over 425 dvd's I have to use a Legal size piece of paper. On the right hand side, on the top, I put the DVD in my want list, and on the bottom I put a list of the next three months of DVD release Dates. Makes it nice to show off anyway :)

-Andy

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I keep an excel sheet printed out with all of my dvd's on it - with over 425 dvd's I have to use a Legal size piece of paper. On the right hand side, on the top, I put the DVD in my want list, and on the bottom I put a list of the next three months of DVD release Dates. Makes it nice to show off anyway
Nice to know I'm not the only one.:crazy:

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I havent ever had to question whether or not I own something, but not because my collection is necessarily small, but more because its grown so slowly that its pretty easy to remember what I have.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
On a couple of occasions I've pre-ordered an upcoming title months in advance from DVDEmpire, forgotten I ordered it, and pre-ordered it again a couple of weeks before release date.

This is how I ended up with 2 copies each of Amadeus Director's cut and Quills.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Not with DVDs yet, but I've done it with Laserdiscs that I've won from eBay. Most recently with the Widescreen "Dragonslayer".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks