What's new

Ever Find White Looking Worms In Your Coffee? (1 Viewer)

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Heh, Recently, I've been stopping by whole foods and buying coffee by the quarter pound. Very, very fresh-- the bins are labeled by roasting date. Of course, I do have to remember to restock often. Wouldn't want to suddenly run out.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Cees, I wish you Europeans would stop making generalizations about our coffee, beer, tea...etc. That's just the mass produced crap. We actually have some wonderful stuff that's made by smaller producers. Nothing against you, I just read this all the time on forums with Europeans on them.

The worms in the coffee is just gross, though. I'm sure it did you no harm. I've seen Bear Grylls eat a hell of a lot worse on Man vs. Wild.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Kevin, I agree. I'm a coffee, espresso snob and I've had no problem accessing and trying 100's of coffees from around the world. Long Beach, Ca. has an indie coffee houses everywhere. Many of the owners know their coffee and well and use outside roasters etc. I wasn't being tongue-in-cheek about the Dunkin' Donuts Original either.

Even the most discriminating palates........give it a spin. :)

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
In America, we aren't allowed to serve hashish with our coffee. Patrons can't simply hallucinate the sensations of bugs swimming around in the coffee, so in order to sate this demand, we sometimes resort to live animals.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I love Dunkin' Donuts coffee. I'm not a regular coffee drinker (problems with insomnia as it is) but when I do want some I go for Dunkin' Donuts. And it's cheaper than the mud you get at a Starbucks, too.

It's a distant second to camping coffee in my book, though. There's something about pre-ground Folger's or Maxwell House that's percolated in our old tin travel coffeemaker over an open flame with some powdered Cremora[sic?] or Coffee Mate creamer than is unbelievable. It's probably lead or something in the tin, but whatever it is it tastes great!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm living in Boston through April, which isn't the headquarters of Dunkin' Donuts but might as well be. The building on the corner has a Dunkin' Donuts in it, across the street from a Dunkin' Donuts. The State Transportation Building is in the same block, which also has a Dunkin' Donuts. It seems like the Dunkin' Donuts density in this city is 2 DDs per block.

Blu

Screenwriter
Well I guess hoping for a non litigated six figure settlement was kind of delusional....

Thanks for contacting P&G.

I'm sorry you were disappointed with your Millstone coffee. It may be helpful to know our special manufacturing process and sanitation guidelines make it virtually impossible for infestation to occur in our factories. All prepackaged coffee is sealed under a blanket of nitrogen - no oxygen is present to support life. The seal is air tight making it nearly impossible for this to occur before opening.

Be assured, I will report this to our Quality Control Team. Your satisfaction is important to us, so I’m sending you a free coupon. You should receive it at the mailing address you provided within the next 2-3 weeks.

Have a great day.

P&G Team

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

I can personally walk from my house to 4 Dunkin Donuts without breathing heavy. In my small town of Weymouth, south of Boston, we have 12 Dunkin Donuts for a population of just over 60,000. That's not including kiosks (we have 3 of those) and Stop & Shop that has Dunkins inside. The Park St., Weymouth Dunkins is the busiest in the chain. It has 2 drive throughs and is busy from 5AM-closing. We also used to be home to Dunkin Donuts College (where they learned to "make the donuts"), but it moved.

And yes, Dunkin's bag coffee is as good as any you can buy. Great coffee, especially if you grind it yourself.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Perhaps it's the ambiance. It's been ages since I camped out, but I noticed food was quite good with a lake and mountain view and crisp mountain air.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
This is my favorite outdoors lunch spot these days:

Normally I use an electric drip pot for coffee - or my espresso machine when the mood strikes - but I did recently purchase a stainless-steel percolator designed for propane camp-stove operation. www.summitcampinggear.com/65009.html I'm concerned that at altitude the coffee may be too weak with the drip method so maybe the normally-inferior percolator method may turn out better in the out-of-doors, especially since you can see how dark the brew is and thus tailor the time to the conditions.

I'm waiting for JAY H to come along and tell us the best way to make coffee while in the outdoors. :laugh:

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel

You guys don't know how lucky you are. We don't have DD's down here so the only time I can enjoy them is when we are travelling and come across one.

They used to be here but unfortunately Krispy Kreme won the war.:frowning:

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I was never much of a coffee drinker until I moved to the Seattle area where it's a local ordinance that each resident must drink their own body weight in coffee each and every month (double in the winter).

I really just popped into this thread to bemoan the lack of Dunkin Donuts on the West Coast. We have some very good local donut makers (Top Pot) but as far as chains go all we have is that Krispy Kreme abomination. I mean here we sit scant miles from the Canadian border and they can't even send one flippin' Tim Horton's our way?

But back to your worms, it wasn't chickory or some other additive was it?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Fortunately, Dunkin' Donuts won the war up here. They got big lines at Krispy Kreme when the first few locations opened in each market, but once the buzz was gone so were the customers.

The thing I hate about Krispy Kreme is that it is such an American stereotype. Take a normal product: donut/doughnut. Coat it with sugar and fat. Serve. I mean, do they have a single doughnut that's not glazed in sugar frosting? Gross.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks