What's new

Ever appeared in a movie? (Screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
That would be Cees (pronounced like Case).

Hehe, if I had know it would generated this sort of response, I would have posted this a long time ago! That I never even bougth the damn thing should tell you how little I cared after it was over.

I have two regrets:

1- I should have payed closer attention to the shooting process, because that was as close to a movie set I ever got, before and since. Unfortunately, I wasn't into film like I am today. I didn't even know Anette Bening at the time.

2- Mercedes, my recruiter, was hot. I should have maintained contact.

About my appearance, yikes... I never made a secret of my origins and my size... Heck, I even started a thread about being a bouncer sometime last year... Anyway, that was 6 years ago, I was still practicing martial arts I believe. I look a bit more... filled up now :b. Relatively inactive lifestyle after college I guess. Also, I wear glasses now.

Well, I am finally having my 15 minutes of fame at HTF! Woohooo!!! Go me!

--
H - The Ted must be green with jealousy

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Well, I've never been in a movie, but we had a guy here in the office who was in True Lies. Just watch the scenes where a really big (easily bigger than Arnold, maybe even bigger than Holadem) Arab guy is pointing a gun at Arnold and Jamie Lee Curtis.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I was in the crowd for the football scenes that were shot for "The Program" at the University of South Carolina.

Whenever I hang out with Holadem my neck always hurts the following day from having to stare at the sky when I talk to him.

He does bring good looking friends to my parties, so he's got some benefits to being his friend.;)

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I was in Contact right in the beginning, where they show the Earth and then pull back to deep space. that's me on the west side of North America...waving....

:wink:

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

So you're the one that ruined that shot? It totally broke the mood to see someone waving like a fool at the camera. :D

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
I have a friend out in California who has been an extra in quite a number for movies and sitcoms.

He was in the last scene of A Mighty Wind, his back to the camera playing poker.

He was also one of guys in "scrubs" in Scrubs in the second season. As JD is walking toward the camera, my friend walks away and slightly bumps shoulders. I still havent seen a good face shot of him, but I recognize his walk and posture.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
That's funny you mention the Seige because I was an extra for You've Got Mail that was filming at the same time. I was talking with some of the crew and they were talking about how they just blew up a bus in Brooklyn...for The Seige. :D

I don't have a screenshot, but during the movie theatre scene near the end of the movie the shot starts on me serving popcorn and zooms out to Meg Ryan and Greg Kinnear walking past all the concession stands. That was a fun, loooong night. But being as I was the only actual 'employee' of the theatre I got to hang around everyone and even dressed the set to make it look like an active consession stand. For a single nights work WB paid $180. Not bad I thought.

Plus the costume people took pitty on me and used every trick in the book to wash my actual uniform which was covered with grease and stains. :D

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

OMG, I missed this post before. One of my favorite movies of all time! You can tell him I have a friend who looks just like him and can do a perfect immitation of Latrine. So, if he ever needs a stunt double. :D

E

Eric Kahn

I am in a B movie called "Killer queens from cyberspace" that was made by someone I know
he reused the same footage in another movie he made (Which I helped film) called "Hookers in a haunted house"

as you can tell from the titles, these are direct to video type movies

my pay was pizza and a copy of the movie

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Charles Malik Whitfield is the son of one of my mothers best friends.Hes seen below standing next to G Hackman
http://us.imdb.com/gallery/ss/015927...harles%20Malik

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0925916/

I was asked once if I wanted to be a extra for a show he was on and declined which was probally a mistake.

A friend of mine is in The Road To Wellville, which was filmed near New Paltz NY. Shes the redhead who can be seen making the beds on the balcony.Shes in 2 other scenes in the film as well, but I can remember which.

While Ive never been in a movie I was on TV 3 times.Twice at wrestling events. Once as security at a ECW show(I trained w/ Tony Devito and his guys provided security for some nearby shows) and another time years earlier giving Tatanka 2 Thumbs down as the camera went by the crowd:D

The third time was local news.

"Having met Holadem at several Scooterpaloozas"
Im going to try to make this years

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Ted Lee......

Teen Wolf 2......

I knew of your desire to be popular but had no idea it was this bad.

;)

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
My friend Dexter Thompson was an extra in The Ghosts of Mississippi, about Myrlie Evers' quest to bring Byron de la Beckwith to trial for the murder of her husband, civil rights activist Medgar Evers, in 1962. Dexter was on screen for several seconds right at the end of the film, as a group of people stand outside the Hinds County Courthouse in Jackson awaiting the verdict from Beckwith's third trial in 1990. He's on screen for several seconds just before the announce the verdict. When I saw him on screen, I about flipped out and said, "Hey! I know that guy!"

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Damn Holadem! Remind me not to tick you off anytime! ;) That's pretty damn cool, I must say. (And yeah, it does like yer gonna knife the short guy in front of you...) :D

I haven't done any extra work (yet) around here ... (I do some stage-acting) I *thought* about going out for Shanghai Noon, but never got around to it. Woulda been cool to be on-set with Jackie Chan though! :D

My father, on the other hand, was sort of in "Nightbreed". :D The movie opens in Calgary, and the first victim of the movie's killer is taken out while he's watching a Calgary Flames hockey game. The voice of the play-by-play guy was indeed the REAL play-by-play fella at the time, who just happened to be my Dad. :D Freaked me RIGHT the hell out the first time I saw it.

I don't know that they ever got permission to use his voice though... or if that is needed. No biggie.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
A guy I work with, his aunt was at Woodstock. She was shocked to find out she was featured on the cover of the documentary movie... she's the chick who's wrapped up in a blanket and looking into the camera. That was pretty cool to find out!

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Cool pic there Holdem! You look like you could have been in "Aliens" as a bad-ass marine!

I have been doing okay as an actor, considering I live in Saskatchewan! I have had 2 actor roles and 2 principal roles and a few commercials. I recently got my full Actra union card (which was a big deal for me).

The only bummer is that 3 of the 4 movies have not been released yet. However, the one I did last August is being shown at the Canne Film Festival. Cool to think that people there will be watching me!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks