Euphoria (HBO)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I will also resubscribe just for Euphoria whenever it resumes.

Nothing has been announced yet. However, we know Zendaya will be needed to film Spider-Man 3 this summer, so they'll have to work around her availability. I'm pretty sure that Spider-Man is in first position for her because she signed up with Sony and Marvel before Euphoria came along.
HBO included "Euphoria New Season" in its 2020 sizzle reel. In order to come out by the end of the year, I'd imagine the second season would need to be done filming before the summer.

Big Little Lies (which aired its second season in front of Euphoria) is getting its Blu-ray release next week via Warner Archive, which makes me wonder when Euphoria will end up on disc. Big Little Lies does not have an additional season to promote, but it's possible Euphoria is being held back to drop close to the premiere date of season 2. I have never really understood this, though, because putting out the home release farther in advance would give more people time to find the show before the new episodes begin.
I'm not sure that this will get a physical media release. "Big Little Lies" is distributed by Warner Bros. Television, while "Euphoria" is an A24 show. Lionsgate distributes A24's films on DVD and Blu-Ray in North America, but none of A24's television shows have had a physical media release.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Zendaya won Best Actress for the first season of "Euphoria". I didn't watch the broadcast, but this was the one I was both rooting for most and least expected. The best performance I saw on television or film last year.

Reactions: Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm really bummed that The Good Place got blanked out and ends its entire extraordinary run without a single Emmy.

However, this at least is wonderful.

Here is her speech:

Someone actually brings her the Emmy to hold where she was filming remotely. Did they have people ready to hand off Emmys wherever the winners happened to be or what?

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I'm really bummed that The Good Place got blanked out and ends its entire extraordinary run without a single Emmy.
Yeah, I like Schitt's Creek (still working my through it), but come on... they didn't need to win all the comedy awards. The Good Place was robbed, IMO.

Someone actually brings her the Emmy to hold where she was filming remotely. Did they have people ready to hand off Emmys wherever the winners happened to be or what?
Kimmel demoed the boxes that they'd delivered to all (or at least most?) of the nominees. Only the winner's box contained an actual Emmy statue and they were designed to be opened remotely. Clever way to do it.

Last edited:
  • Insightful

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
HBO Press Release:
HBO's EUPHORIA Returns With Two
Special Episodes; The First Debuts
December 6

HBO
LOS ANGELES, October 19, 2020 -- The Emmy® winning HBO drama series EUPHORIA will return with
two special episodes, with the first debuting SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. The episode
will air on HBO and be available to stream on HBO Max.
In the aftermath of being left by Jules at the train station and relapsing, the first special episode follows
Rue (played by Emmy®-winner Zendaya) as she celebrates Christmas. Written and directed by series
creator Sam Levinson, the episode, titled "Trouble Don't Last Always,” also stars Colman Domingo, who
appeared in season one. The title and date of the second episode are forthcoming. Both special episodes
were produced under COVID-19 guidelines.
EUPHORIA received three Primetime Emmy® Awards this year, including Outstanding Lead Actress In A
Drama Series (Zendaya), Outstanding Contemporary Makeup (Non-Prosthetic) and Outstanding Original
Music and Lyrics.
EUPHORIA is created and written by Sam Levinson, who also serves as executive producer; executive
producers Ravi Nandan, Kevin Turen, Drake, Future the Prince, Hadas Mozes Lichtenstein, Ron Leshem,
Daphna Levin, Tmira Yardeni, Mirit Toovi, Yoram Mokady and Gary Lennon; Will Greenfield serves as a co-
executive producer. Produced in partnership with A24 and based on the Israeli series of the same name,
which was created by Ron Leshem and Daphna Levin, from HOT.
Follow Euphoria on social and use #Euphoria to join the conversation:
Instagram: @euphoria
Twitter: @euphoriahb

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This is good news.

Unfortunately, I hardly remember specifics about season 1 since I binged it over a few days when it was new. I wish they would release a season set, but I guess I'll have to stream it again before the new specials arrive.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niloc