What's new

ESPN HD and Comcast (1 Viewer)

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
I know you all have prolly been talking about ESPN HD on Comcast for ages now, but I didn't see a thread about it in the millions of threads I saw when I did a search.

Anyway, I was very surprised and pleased to see ESPN HD on Comcast HD Cable today when I came home from work. Now if they could just get CBS HD!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
what city did you see this in?
i dont seem to be able to find it in philly comcast.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
There are several threads mentioning this in the past couple of days over at AVSForum. Somebody there got an e-mail reply right from the Prez of Comcast confirming that they reached an agreement with ESPN just the other day and are starting rollout immediately. Most all their markets will have it by September 1.

The good news here is that the Pittsburgh area is finally supposed to get HD on Comcast August 15, assuming it isn't delayed.

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
I'm in the Baltimore Area. It looks like the just upconvert their regular feed for non-true HD material. I haven't seen a HD feed yet, waiting for the sunday night game.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Any news from folks in the Seattle/Tacoma Comcast market?

Please oh please roll this out.... I'll be back home (currently deployed in Germany) in September and would love to have ESPN HD waiting for me.

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator
It's not currently on the Seattle Comcast system. However, there is a message on the cable box that they are going to do some maintenance on July 30, and I personally hope that that is the headend fix needed to add ESPN HD. The systems that already added ESPN HD apparently already have the headend fix in place.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Seattle Comcast subscribers:

If the reports over on the AVS Forum are true...Tune in to Channel 100 and you will be very happy!

According to folks on the AVS Forum, ESPN HD is available in Seattle now...though it may not always be on Channel 100.

Remember, that for now anyway, ESPN-HD doesn't always have HD stuff showing. Check your local listings :)

Enjoy!

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
has anyone else watching on comcast in the chicago area notced the lack of sound on espnHD the last day or so?

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator
They took ESPN HD off Channel 100 in Seattle, so it's back to being the Mariners HD channel.

A press release issued by Comcast Seattle says August 4 is when ESPN HD will officially be on Comcast systems in Washington State. KCTS will start August 7.

Jarvis_R

Agent
Kevin,
Is it already available in Chicago? I've got a box coming in the morning.

Sucks how they make you pay for installation and I hear they use cheap cables.

Oh well, don't know if I can wait any longer for football season though?

Omard.

Stunt Coordinator
I have it in Berwyn, Illinois and I just got sound on it yesterday. Is it true HD picture?

Jarvis_R

Agent
Got my box in on saturday, but no espn yet. I'm in Forest Park. Operator saidn it "should" be available soon.

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator
ESPN HD did show up on Comcast Seattle this morning as advertised. It's on Channel 173, just like it is everywhere else in the country.

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
Any news on Chicago area? I'm getting comcast installed in my new home on 8/30. I only have a standard Wega right now and am seriously considering an HDTV. Any comments are appreciated...

Thanks,

PJ

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
just got a note on my dig box that comcast dig will add 2 more hd channels sept 15th.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks