1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Escaflowne...disc problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dennis Thai, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Dennis Thai

Dennis Thai Auditioning

I just purchased the Escaflowne movie DVD from Best Buy. About halfway through the movie I would get these weird pixel errors and the movie would freeze and the audio would skip. I broswe the trailer and had the same problem. So I exhanged for a new one at Best Buy today. Well, it must be my lucky day because I experienced the same exact problem. Am I just geting the defective disc or is there something wrong with my dvd player? I'm using a Toshiba sd4800. I even tried it on my PC and it froze the computer. Anyone know whats going on here?

2. MikeSilver

MikeSilver Stunt Coordinator

3. Mike Serafin

Mike Serafin Auditioning

I noted the same problem on a single disc movie (not the box set) that I purchased at Fry's. Exchanged it once, did the same thing, so I got a refund. After visiting the link above this problem has obviously been around for quite some time.

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The problem was known inside a week of release, and an exchange program has been ongoing

5. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Yeah, I got this disc last month (Ultimate Edition version) and it had the same pixilation problems... still need to send it in for exchange.