1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Escaflowne...disc problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dennis Thai, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Dennis Thai

Dennis Thai Auditioning

I just purchased the Escaflowne movie DVD from Best Buy. About halfway through the movie I would get these weird pixel errors and the movie would freeze and the audio would skip. I broswe the trailer and had the same problem. So I exhanged for a new one at Best Buy today. Well, it must be my lucky day because I experienced the same exact problem. Am I just geting the defective disc or is there something wrong with my dvd player? I'm using a Toshiba sd4800. I even tried it on my PC and it froze the computer. Anyone know whats going on here?

2. MikeSilver

MikeSilver Stunt Coordinator

3. Mike Serafin

Mike Serafin Auditioning

I noted the same problem on a single disc movie (not the box set) that I purchased at Fry's. Exchanged it once, did the same thing, so I got a refund. After visiting the link above this problem has obviously been around for quite some time.

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The problem was known inside a week of release, and an exchange program has been ongoing

5. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Yeah, I got this disc last month (Ultimate Edition version) and it had the same pixilation problems... still need to send it in for exchange.