What's new

ER Season Three? (1 Viewer)

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I thought I remembered seeing that the third season set of ER was due to be released in November or December of 2004. Anyone know what happened?

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Next time there's a chat with Warners, we need to ask about this. Why have other WB series - notably Friends - been released with regularity, and ER's been glacially slow with releasing to DVD?

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Yeah, they really slowed down the R1 releases. Season 3 is already out on Region 2 in Europe, even though their first season release came out months after the R1.

Chris

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'll get the news up at TSoD in a little while, but Warner announced Season 3 today! April 26th, red box. Like West Wing, it looks like they switched to single-sided DVDs (6 of 'em).

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! (dances around the room naked!)

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
^The cover art is hideous! Why oh WHY couldn't they have kept the region 2 art? Blue and Green are the only two colors which should ever represent ER.

Whatever, its finally coming.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Oh God, they're switching from 4 to 6 discs! Do you know what this means? It means that they'll probably also switch from digipaks to that crap book-style packaging (á la Babylon 5 and Smallville) which has become infamous for having loose and scratched discs in it. I just had to send back my Smallville Season 3 for that very reason. This sucks! This definitely sucks. I almost never had loose discs with Warner digipaks (unlike the ones from Fox, mind you), and this does not bode well at all.

Chris

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I like the UK artwork better, too. Actually, the art used in the US would be fine, perhaps even better looking than the UK version, if it was blue or green instead of red. So yeah, I agree, the color choice feels wrong here. Otherwise the layout of pics is superior to the group shot on the UK version.

One other thought, though: it will certainly stand out on store shelves better...and that's probably what Warner was going for!

But I don't care, it could be in a ziploc bag for all I care...it's finally coming! Man, it's almost a year to the date from S2. I've been really waiting for this...me and the missus really enjoy watching these together more than any other TV-on-DVD set (and that's saying a LOT considering the choices I have! :D ).

david_hu

Stunt Coordinator
ER Series 3 was released in Australia R4 in December/January 2004-2005 before its release in the UK R2.
ER series 4 will officially be released in Australia this April. Those who have multiformat DVD players and TV's that can convert the PAL image to NTSC could always purchase them from Austrlia. From what I've read, the contents are identical.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
David Lambert, thanks for the update. The rate of release for this show is really frustrating, but at least we're getting another season. I didn't start watching the show regularly until the 5th season, so most of what went before is like all new shows to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks