What's new

ER - 11/14/02 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was LOL at Frank giving Lewis grief over her death touch.

Kovach is paving the road to hell with his sexual appetite. I knew that woman at that bar was one of the ladies of the night.

BTW, that was Chinese being spoken by Chen and the woman who got knocked up twice by the slimy Chinese dude. I understood what they were saying, but I can't believe they don't subtitle that stuff for non-speaking Chinese viewers.

Carter should have been more mad at Abby using his credentials to get the 411 on Eric.

I can't blame Korday for her assessment of the Cheadle character, he needs to go into the diagnosis portion of medicine.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I can see Kovach checking out just like Mark Harmon did on St. Elsewhere...with AIDS.

Holy shit...I was totally blindsided by Weaver's revelation!

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Definitely a rock solid episode....I loved when Kovach drove onto the golf course to grab the eye doctor! I agree, his sexual escapades are gonna get him fired from the ER or worse.
and how bout Weaver! no wonder she took the hormones....invitro
Dr. Nathan is definitely trying to be a hero because if he can't save his own life, maybe he can save the rest of the world...this motive could be destructive, and I think Korday treats the situation perfectly. However...can she just fail him b/c he wants to treat patients?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Weaver revelation was given away in the teaser ads playing all this week, no surprise about that one for me, it all made sense from all the clues they peppered in the earlier episodes this season. I wonder how Weaver and her lover decided who'd be carrying this baby.

Eric's bi-polar condition and him going AWOL wasn't all that big a stretch if you were there for the Abby's mother episode arc from years past. Eric was awfully funny in his heightened emotional state before the AF MP came and arrested him.

So, any sparks between Gallant and the Leslie Bibb character in the works?

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Well I'm glad I don't watch enough TV and/or commercials to catch every teaser that comes down the pike. That would have blown two shockers for me this season...Romano's accident and Weaver's revelation.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, I was cracking up when the slimy guy was "translating" for the Chinese woman, and Carter didn't believe a word of it because she barely spoke a full sentence, and he "expounded" upon what she "said" by trying to push his agenda on Carter (who was already suspicious by that time, and rightfully so). I cracked up because I knew the translation was not what the woman actually said (but a semi-fearful expression of trying to maintain the cover story of playing dumb).

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Chuck, Korday was trying to make a deal with the guy. She's going to fail him because in her judgement he can't do the job. However there are probably ways for him to appeal or redo the internship or whatever he's doing under someone else. Or possibly he could get by based on leniency for his disability. Instead she offered him the easy way, she'd pass him if he agrees to go into an area where he won't be treating patients. Hopefully he'll come around and realize that's the right thing to do.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
For me, this was not a great episode. Is it just me, or do the episodes now seem to have precious little to do with the actual practice of medicine? So much screen time is devoted to the characters' private lives, the show has lost its center.
I'm especially unhappy with the story arc with Kovac. A couple of years ago, they made a big deal of him dealing with his faith and himself, and he seemed to do some healing and some growth. Now, he's just a male slut, without rhyme or reason - it's very apparent the writers have no idea what to do with him.
Carter and Abby are OK, but I'd like to see more of Carter learning how to be chief resident, and Abby learning about managing the nursing staff.
And can we please, please, please be done with Abby's bi-polar family? They've mined that already for drama and character growth.
Not trying to thread fart...hmm let say a few good things:
Don Cheadle rocks! I can't decide if I really like his thoroughness and refusal to think inside the box, or that needs to examine his goals as a doctor.
Frank is awesome - he and Romano have all the good lines.
Liked the rivalry between Harkins and Gallant. Would like to see more of Gallant - he's an interesting character, and deserves more screen time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks