What's new

Er 1/8/04 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I did notice that in the post-Rocket Romano era, Maura Tierney got bumped up to 2nd billing in the credits, and Laura Innes now has the "And...Laura Innes" at the end of the credits (previous held by Paul Crane).

Carter finally returns, and picks up like he never left the ER. He is in dire need of a haircut, though. Carter is way too happy, so I expect complications with either Kimba or the baby's delivery.

Pratt had one of the worst days you can have in the ER: snapping a patient's neck (acting a bit too rashly without considering the patient's fragile condition), and getting "played" by Gallant's sister.

The Sympathy Hurl was a sordid sight gag.

Carter and Abby's resolution to their past relationship was quickly dispensed with, but I wonder if it's truly dead.

Kovach appears to be falling for Sam and her boy, pushing back his trip to the Congo.

Sean Cauley

Stunt Coordinator
I think Kovac is probably more interested in the little boy than the mother, at the moment. He misses his own kids and feels needed, a chance to be a father-figure again. I wonder if they'll go down the Jerry Maguire path of "He really loves my kid, and he kinda likes me" in the relationship; that could be interesting.

They need to do something about Dr. Morris (Scott Grimes). He's only on the show long enough each week to remind us he's an irresponsible boob who drinks and smokes weed when he needs to be focused on medicine. And it's totally shitty that Romano's death is the only thing that saved him from getting canned on Thanksgiving (an argument could be made that he's responsible for Romano's death, as Romano wouldn't have been standing where he was at the moment he was crushed if he hadn't had to deal with Morris's smoking).

I did like the sarcastic-humor Abby moments. I really like Maura Tierney, and much prefer when she gets that kind of attention, rather than the extreme situations they've had her in the past couple of seasons with her mother and brother. "Carter is definitely not in here!" "Could this day suck more?" "We're not that okay."

Next week looks schmaltzy, but it appears to be more screen time for Parminder Nagra, which is good news from where I'm standing.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I agree. World-weary nurse Abby is fun. Soap opera Abby is a bore.

Last night wasn't anything spectacular, but I'm glad they're keeping the focus still on the medicine even with Carter's return; I feared a relapse into last year's rather lame soap opera antics.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I think I missed something here. Why was Malarkey (Grimes) barfing? Did he have a stomach bug or something.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Yes, he had the same bug that kept Susan out of the entire episode (unless he was faking).

Could the promos be any more insulting?

//Ken

DougKuhn

Stunt Coordinator
Malarky just can not handle the job. That is why he was ill. He has proven many times he is not cut out fo the ER.

As for Carter and the girl. I got the impression she was very interested in Kovach as he was interested in her. Although, he is very keen on the boy.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Actually, I believe it's an ER "you won't forget". I caught the promo for Ed before Third Watch, and they were touting a "big surprise", which might actually be a surprise if they didn't show a clip of what might actually have been the surprise.

Even though the people behind the NBC promos don't appear to have any self-respect (and/or a brain), I wish they'd show some respect for us, and not inflict us with those sorts of shameless, insulting, ruinous lies. Such as they are :)

//Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks