What's new

Er 2/5/04 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Get Carter"

Don't know what to make of tonight's episode.

We see Pratt lose this nerve (due to his cracking a patient's neck previously), and get the pep talk from Carter.

Kimba makes herself at home in the ER and extends the ER quite thin as she takes on whooping cough.

Gallant almost gets his head shot off by a scared boy hiding in a closet while his father beats his mother. Gallant was doing ride-alongs with the paramedics at the time.

A Dr. Lawson keeps poaching Corday's surgical consults. I recognize the actor playing Lawson from being on Presidio Med last season.

Luka and Sam sahre a kiss on the train ride home. The fires are getting stoked.

Romano was honored as they named a ward after him.

Abby was confirmed to be the ER Slut. :D

Susan is preggers.

(edited typo "also" -> "almost")

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
I think it should say, "Gallant also NEARLY gets his head shot off by a scared boy hiding in a closet..."

As for the Romano ward, I think that the ER got proof that hell has indeed frozen over.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
Boy, was the censorship of the old woman's breast poorly done. It really took me out of that scene. When you look back at all the graphic content that has shown up on ER uncensored over the years, it looks even more ridiculous. Curse you, Janet and Justin! :angry:

Other than that, I liked the episode. Romano's memorial dedication was an LOL moment for me. And I sure loved seeing Thandie Newton making that cute puppy dog face. :)

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
Why couldn't they just superimpose Janet's breast on top of the patient? I mean, we've all seen those now, and it would have to be good for ratings.

Yep, that blur sucked. Thought something was wrong with my eyes.

As for the temperature of County General, I hope the cold front lingers if Kimba is going to be staying around.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps the execs were overcompensating by blurring one breast and substituting Kimba's in exchange.

Mike Slade

Second Unit
Not to mention the lame blurring on the woman's breast caused this week's episode not to be shown in HD.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Without trying to get too political, what is the purpose of having a specialized ward for Gays, Lesbians and Transsexuals. Do they require different medical treatment then heterosexuals?

Exactly, way to ruin it for everyone (not that seeing an 80 year old woman's breast is going to get me all excited)

MattGentry

Second Unit
Plus, I might add, last week's rerun "Shifts Happen", had a shot of an elderly woman's breast. So not like it's anything new to the show...

WillG

Senior HTF Member
And there was another episode where a woman burned herself in her car and as they were working on her, she was bare chested. True, he breasts were pretty much burned beyond recognition, but you could clearly see the nipples.

John Lloyd

Second Unit
The most annoying effect of the breast censorship was the loss of the HDTV broadcast. NBC proudly proclaimed "in high definition where available", when they knew that no one was going to see it that way.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The guy who got shot in the leg and needed surgery because the bullet traveled to his heart: Is he Kiefer Sutherland's brother/relative. He looked just like him and I believe I saw the name Sutherland in the guest star credits.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
No, Rossif Sutherland (Kiefer's half-brother) plays Lester, one of the med students. In this episode, he was the one who asked Abby about a study date.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Ok thanks. that is weird, because that patient did look an awful lot like him.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
When Noah Wyle was on The Daily Show last night, he mentioned that woman was first supposed to be in her 60s, then she was in her 70s, and by the time the blur story got out, she was in her 80s. She didn't look 80 to me.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Well, I guess if they are post op. But can't transgender mean just dressing up in women's clothes and vice versa.
I didn't like how Carrie posthumously attached Romano's name to something he would be dead set against just to serve her own agenda. Of course I realize that it was pretty much a F-You to Romano, but a little respect for the tragically dead. Looks like Corday didn't like it very much as well. Of course those feelings relate to the show and nothing in real life.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
That's exactly what it was, a big screw you Rocket!
Frankly, I hope that gets changed. Even though he was a prick, he was a great surgeon and gave up a lot for that hospital.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Why? He didn't give much respect to the living, which seems more important.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks