What's new

Equalization abilities in receivers (1 Viewer)

RichardMA

Second Unit
Is there any other company besides Sony who is providing
truly capable equalization controls for all channels?
I'd like to try something else, but don't want to loose
that facility.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
The Pioneer 49tx (see below, ha ha) does exactly that with the 9 band eq MCACC and it's the only one with the cabability to adjust the freq to your tastes the 47 or 45tx can't do that. But I don't know if you'd want one being that it's THX cert and all, don't know if you want to pay the enormous royalties ($1000... $2000 maybe) that THX charges, and since THX won't post there specs they are prolly hiding something from you and the 49tx would be a better receiver without THX cert and THX is prolly holding them back from their true pontenial and THX is charging them money in the process. Damn they're good. I'm just kidding Richard but I do expect GordonL to reply to this post. :D
Daniel Smith

RobertSchaez

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Richard,
I believe that the Yamaha RX-Z1 has that capability, as did the RX-V1, which you can get a great deal on now on closeout, if you can still find one. Someone at AR just picked one up at the Good Guys in Sacramento for something like $1100.
The other option is to pick a receiver with pre-outs AND main-ins for all channels and add an outboard multi-channel EQ.

Joe Cole

Second Unit
Krell is now, both in the HTS 7.1 and their new Showcase pre/pro. Of course the first lists for 8K and the second for 4K. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks