What's new

Epson 3020 vs 5020 vs 6020 (1 Viewer)

kinane

Auditioning
Real Name
Kinane
arjunsud - I ended up buying the 5020 and so far it looks great on my painted wall. I am curious to know which screen you purchased? I do not have a dedicated theater but it is light controlled...somewhat. I'd like to have Super Bowl party type of light (some lights on in the back of the room but none right near the screen. So I was leaning toward a fixed frame, white screen with a 1.1 gain (roughly) so that I could run eco mode. The Da-Lite I liked was about 1700 for the HD progressive or even the Da-Mat fabric. There are so many options for $400 to $500 so I am really tempted to go that route.

By the way, the 5020 is kind of loud in Normal mode. I hope the screen allows me to run the projector in eco mode. I was surprised...it's like having a PS3 on your shoulder.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
the more light you desire, the harder the lamp is driven, the more fan is needed to allow for cooling.

Lots of screen options. Carada make some decent / reasonably priced screens.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Gregg! I'm actually planning on picking up either a 5020UBe or a 6020 (most likely the 5020) here in the next couple months. I'm living in Seoul now...so the next time you come over this way please add Seoul to your calibration stops if you can! I'll be here for the next 2 years and 11 months :)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi Michael!
I will not be in Seoul, but have a good calibrator friend that lives in SK. He knows the Epson PJs very well.
Please send me an email at [email protected] and we can discuss the 5020 vs the 6020. I carry both in stock. (it is an interesting story).
stay safe!

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks