What's new

Enterprise 1/30/02 (1 Viewer)

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
[rant on]

Another average episode from a pair of average writers. B&B star again. If someone doesn't give them a good slap sometime soon they will permenantly damage this series.

If the TOS writers could produce plausible stories without the resources of B&B then surely can do the same?

Obviously they can't. I guess we can look forward to B&B's usual plot devices as they run out of ideas. More phasers, more transporter rescues and the good old temporal war. Maybe if were lucky Kirk, Picard, and Janeway will all turn up for the finale to fight the temporal war.

[rant off]

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Upon second viewing last night, I was more favorably disposed. I still believe Paramount is trying to make it "business as usual" too soon, though.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I caught the "Sleeping Dogs" episode last night, and surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The characters were in a tense, claustrophobic situation and didn't have an answer for everything. And the way they solved the problem wasn't wrapped up in the last 3 minutes but rather executed over the last 25 minutes.

Could have been much, much worse. As long as B&B are in control, it will never be 'great television.' It deserves to be, especially with Bakula starring. His previous hit show did reach moments of greatness on many ocassions and it would be nice to see lightening strike twice for him.

Joseph

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Saw it last night. Enjoyed it.

I particularly enjoyed:

- T'Pol helping Hoshi control her anxieties

- The depiction of Klingons as paranoid, incessant warriors (pirates, really). They are much more frightening here than in TNG.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
I was impressed that the transporter wasn't even mentioned (and hasn't been at all lately).

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Well, the standard Trek-speak answer to that would most likely be that they cannot transport into the atmosphere of a massive gas-giant planet--at least, not in a case where such would prematurely end the story. That's the cynical answer!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks