What's new

Enough about Mozilla, what about Opera? (1 Viewer)

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I've tried Mozilla again recently and while I do like it there's too many niggly things about it I don't like or because I miss them from IE.

However I've just downloaded and installed Opera 7 which has come on a long way since I last used it a couple of years ago. This is a seriously good browser. Fast, highly customize-able and with some great features such as mouse gestures. I prefer the look and feel of it over Mozilla and it also works fine with my AdSubtract Pro ad-blocker.

Only thing is Opera isn't free. Unless you pay the $30 registration fee you have an advertising banner at the top of window. However AdSubtract blocks the incoming adverts so I'm just leftr with a white box :)

Great browser. Most impressive.

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Yeah, after a little while you'll want to use the mouse gestures in other browsers, too.

It's my browser of choice as well. I currently use the latest beta, which is pretty stable already and fixes some minor quibbles I noticed in 7.

-Christian

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
I stopped using them when they started being ad-supported. I like it okay, but not well enough to pay for it.

noahG

Agent
In case you're interested, Mozilla firebird (the latest branch of development) has support for mouse gestures. I've been using firebird for about 6 months now and it just plain kicks butt.

thank you.

Kris McLaughlin

Stunt Coordinator
mmmm, I love Opera 7:

- Mouse gestures
- Pop-up blocker
- Tabbed Browsing
- Integrated google/ebay/image/etc. search fields
- Awesome mail/news client
- Password management
- Beautiful skins (check out 'The Blue Button 1.1')

A whole new WWW experience coming from IE6.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Blimey. I tried Mozilla Firebird tonight for the first time.

I've installed the features I want and....

...I have a new default browser :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks