What's new

Enhanced black level? (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey J

Auditioning
Does the Panasonic RP56 or RP91 have a enhanced black level setting like the Toshiba players do?

Also, if your display has a built in line doubler and you hook up your progressive scan player to it, does the signal bypass the displays doubler?

Thanks all!

WilliamB

Stunt Coordinator
Tha Panny RP56 has a black level menu selection with Lighter and Darker as the two seletions. Made a difference on mine when set to darker. Factory default is lighter (at least mine shipped that way)

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
Now the Toshibas don't have enhanced black level either! I just got an SD-5700 & it's nowhere to be found!! Does anybody know why Toshiba eliminated it?:frowning:

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
No Larry I don't, but I'd love to know myself! My Sencore pattern generator automatically goes to 0 IRE black level when you're generating a 480p or higher output (as it should). So, when calibrating a set when I know the customer has or is buying one of these new Toshiba's, I have to hook up a DVD player and use AVIA or VE to set black level. It's a pain!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks