What's new

Emmylou Stumbles into Grace (1 Viewer)

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Just wondering if there are any other Emmylou Harris fans here, and if they're planning on purchasing her latest (due out tomorrow)? Both Amazon and EW have given the disc great reviews.

Stu Rosen

Second Unit
I bought it today, and it's a beautiful disc. It's a little lighter and a lot less dense than Red Dirt Girl. She has the usual cast of characters backing her up (Buddy & Julie Miller, Daniel Lanois, Malcolm Burn), and it's a very strong effort.

I'm going to see Buddy & Julie Miller at Carnegie Hall next month, and a few nights later, Emmylou Harris at Carnegie. Should be fun.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I'm going to see....Emmylou Harris at Carnegie.
I'm quite jealous. She came through town a year or two ago, but couldn't find anyone to go with me. Hopefully she'll make another run through for this album.

And thanks for the brief review. I'll be picking it up sometime this week, as Best Buy has it for $11.99.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
It's a little lighter and a lot less dense than Red Dirt Girl
Exactly my first impressions. It's like Emmylou combined her Wrecking Ball material w/ semi-normal production to make an album that falls somewhere in the middle of her catalog style-wise. The album hasn't grabbed me immediately like Wrecking Ball or Red Dirt Girl, but I'm perfectly willing to listen over and over again to see if it grows on me...

Jeffrey Wiffen

Stunt Coordinator
As a side note, I just bought Emmylou Harris' Producer's Cut DVD-Audio disc. If you're an Emmylou fan and have a DVD-Audio player, than you have to buy this disc. I played it for my mom and dad the other night (who were huge fans back in the day). You should have seen their faces. I wish I had taken a picture. They were blown away! The whole disc is stunning, from first to last track.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Jeff,

I agree with you all the way on Producer's Cut. The lyrics alone stir my emotions, but, when you have Emmylou's angelic voice delivering them, they are sent into high alert. And, besides, she has that duet with the man in black. What a wonderful addition to her portfolio.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I was home sick yesterday, and happened to see Emmylou perform "Strong Hand" on "Live with Regis & Kelly". It was really good, maybe even better than the album version. It may have had something to do with the fact that she was only a few days removed from attending Johnny Cash's funeral, but she was obviously really feeling it. They mentioned the upcoming Carnegie Hall gig in the interview.

Regards,

Jesper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jesper Nielsen
Jeffrey Wiffen,

I agree. However I think Producers Cut is more about her producer than Emmylou so I hope we will see more from her on DVD Audio. :emoji_thumbsup:

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
I used to be a huge Harris fan....

A couple of years ago, I won backstage passes to one of her concerts...

What a waste of time..Rude, arrogant, and impatient. She took one look at her biggest fans in the area, "after" the concert, mumbled something not nice and left...30 seconds tops is all the time afforded...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks