What's new

'Emily's Reasons Why not.' (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Did anyone catch this? Heather Graham, looking gorgeous as ever, plays a bubbly blonde who's looking for the right guy and has a tendancy to over-analyze and find reasons why she shouldn't get involved with men.

It was slight but passable and fun.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Heather Graham is still amazingly cute; I don't know if I'd be watching the show without her. Still, it'll be in trouble when it's in the third position behind 24 and Las Vegas.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Who can turn down Heather Graham in HD? As John said it's pretty slight - if there were another show I was interested in it would probably lose out. But there were some pretty funny moments.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Great, guys now get 5 strikes and they're out! I don't see a protracted run for this show. I don't think I laughed much at all during this pilot episode.

Don Black

Screenwriter
I agree. She's trying to copy Carrie Bradshaw's self-musings but is too over the top in her facial expressions. Gorgeous though...

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Flipped to it during commercials while watching Las Vegas. It was ok....But, Brazilian Juditsu is so gay. :D

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I checked out a bit of it and was definitely underwhelmed. And, it looks like I'm not the only one. According to Zap2It, Emily debuted in fourth place, well behind CBS, NBC and FOX and it fell off dramatically from its second-place WifeSwap lead-in. I don't think this program will be around very long...

It does not have its own thread yet, but I also checked out inJustice last week, and that didn't work for me, either. Just what we need, another procedural crime drama... and a weak one at that!

As I watch these new ABC mid-season replacements, I can't imagine how the two J.J. Abrams pilots that they passed on could possibly be any WORSE than this stuff! Honestly... I just don't get it.

I think giving up Monday Night Football is a decision that is going to haunt ABC for the next several years.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Well, it was pretty hard to believe that you have Heather Graham in a show in which she can't get laid. :rolls eyes:

What has happened to her career.. she was stunning in "Boogie Nights" and then... ?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It's cancelled already!? Damn that was fast! That means that I have the entire series on dvd already, I recorded the pilot. :D

Beats me. Is it possible for a woman to be so smokin' hot that she burns out like a firecracker?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That would be an awesome, though perhaps ultimately money-wasting release. I'd be curious to see how a one episode, "complete season" would get marketed.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
You said a mouthful regarding Killing Me Softly, dude!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
how this made it on air is a surprise to me..I'm sick of these washed up no talent movie actresses coming to tv because they can't get a job in hollywood. None of them are successful.

This has to be the biggest blunder of the year for ABC. What were they thinking when they renewed Jake in Progress AND greenlit this show?

ouch..and ouch.

Don Black

Screenwriter
I think that's a little harsh. Heather Graham and Nadia Dajani from ERWN have both proven their acting chops in Boogie Nights and Ned & Stacey. John Stamos, Wendy Malick, Iam Gomez, Julie Bowen, etc. are also all veteran thespians.

While I'm the first to agree that both these sitcoms should be cancelled, I think the failure is in the writing/directing more so than acting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks