What's new

Elton John "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" SACD info (1 Viewer)

GarySI

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Rachel, this being one of the best Universal releases. I was taken aback by the mix. Check out the low synthesizer buzz in Alice. It didn't have that knid of growl on my remastered redbook version. I have AB'd this against the redbook and there is no comparison. That's in 2 channel mode. In multi, Funeral fo a Friend/Loves Lies Bleeding is a revelation. Nigel Olsson's snare and kick are right in your face. A must have. The numbering is such a minor thing, why do some people have to nit pick.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
Gary,

sorry if i came across as such, but I was not - or at least intending to - picking nits at all.

come to think of it, its the only nit on an otherwise perfect (re)release.

f
one other minor complaint: it's gotten me thinking about a multi disc universal player :p)

Sam Owens

Stunt Coordinator
I'm eagerly awaiting being able to play the SACD layer of this (alas I am in a different state from my SACD player :frowning:). I got it for a Chrissie present. The CD layer is pretty good (subject to CD's limitations) and I will watch the DVD this week too.

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
Since it's been out for a while, what's the consensus on how it sounds in...

SACD stereo only...

SACD 5.1 mix?

I notice a couple of thoughts above and was wondering what everyone else thought. I like the stereo version but am not really fond of the 5.1..

The 5.1 isn't bad if I'm in the other room though. ;)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I've just heard it, and it's brilliant, and a *lot* better than the MoFI disc.

The DVD, incidentally, is the Classic Albums DVD that had a separate release a few months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks