What's new

Eight Is Enough Is Finally Happening (1 Viewer)

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I just finished watching my set and really enjoyed it. I've only seen it once in syndication,back around the late 80s or early 90s,so it was like starting to watch the series anew.I hoped season 2 gets released soon.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Stephen Wight said:
Any news on season 2? I hoped it's released later this year,in time for the holidays.
The first season just came out, so i would wait a few more months to see what happens. My suspicions are that S2 may not come out until 2013. Oct-Dec tend to be light periods for releases.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Any news? I'd hate to think that Warner Bros are only going to release one season a year(like they do with Scarecrow & Mrs. King).

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
When asked about this on Warner Archive's Facebook page, they responded by saying "There will be a 2nd season of EIGHT IS ENOUGH. We have no info as to time frame."

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
I wonder if anyone has heard an update about a season two release date?

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Though they said it was to be a WHV retail release, S2 is in fact coming through Warner Archive soon and it will be in two volumes released on the same day.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Kasey said:
Though they said it was to be a WHV retail release, S2 is in fact coming through Warner Archive soon and it will be in two volumes released on the same day.
Well that's lame. At $40 a season or more, I'll pass, especially on DVD-R.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Jeff Ulmer said:
Well that's lame. At $40 a season or more, I'll pass, especially on DVD-R.
$40 a season is about my limit. I'll buy it if the episodes aren't cut, it seems to me there is a shrinking market
for shows from this era, and if the quality is good, we have to pay for it. It's still within the range of what
season sets have cost for many years now, while there are dropping prices in recent times for complete
sets of popular shows, I suppose we all have to decide for ourselves where to draw the line. There are
far more shows available than I have time to watch. The deciding factor for me personally isn't $10 here
or there, but rather if i'm going to spend a month watching one particular season of a show over another.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Preview clip of season two is up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEJtfRsYdKo&feature=plcp

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's $50 for both volumes at Warner Archive. UGH! A big chunk of cash, but I'm going for it.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Another big UGH is the fact that they didn't give ANY heads up and just popped this out. This is really getting to be tiresome on Warner's part. I'd like to have a couple weeks lead time before the set is dropped on us. I'm not going to have the budget for this until way after Thanksgiving possibly Christmas. If the first sets are pressed discs (and I suspect they are) then they will be gone by the time I can afford to get them. Is it too much to ask to pre-order these instead of just dropping them on us?

Jon Baker

Second Unit
Brian Himes said:
Another big UGH is the fact that they didn't give ANY heads up and just popped this out. This is really getting to be tiresome on Warner's part. I'd like to have a couple weeks lead time before the set is dropped on us. I'm not going to have the budget for this until way after Thanksgiving possibly Christmas. If the first sets are pressed discs (and I suspect they are) then they will be gone by the time I can afford to get them. Is it too much to ask to pre-order these instead of just dropping them on us?
Just curious what you mean by "pressed discs." Aren't these all CD-R?
This being my favorite TV series during the 70's, it's unfortunate that it was on the back burner for so long. This should have been released concurrently with The Waltons when we could purchase it in stores. Warner Bros still has a lot of TV series I'd like to see on DVD "Head of the Class", "My Sister Sam", "Hawaiian Eye" to name a few. I hope they also see the light of day. You're right about the shrinking market. They take too long to release stuff everyone who even remembers these shows will be dead.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Jon Baker said:
Just curious what you mean by "pressed discs." Aren't these all CD-R?
No. For some series Warner Archive does have the first runs done on pressed discs. Just like the ones you purchase in stores or online. So, in effect you are getting retail type DVDs. After the first batches are sold, then the sets are done on DVD-R. My sets for Alice Seasons 1 & 2, Harry O Season 1, The Colurtship of Eddie's Father Season 2 and a few of my Hanna Barbera sets are all on pressed discs.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Brian Himes said:
No. For some series Warner Archive does have the first runs done on pressed discs. Just like the ones you purchase in stores or online. So, in effect you are getting retail type DVDs. After the first batches are sold, then the sets are done on DVD-R. My sets for Alice Seasons 1 & 2, Harry O Season 1, The Colurtship of Eddie's Father Season 2 and a few of my Hanna Barbera sets are all on pressed discs.
I would rather see them focus on releasing completed series, instead of the one off ones. Some series like eight is enough could be package as complete series along with the reunion movies. I have S1 and will purchase S2 when it comes available
I have been scaling back my purchases to completed series as i have over 96 complete shows now, which is enough to keep me entertain for a long time. I only watch 2 hrs of tv a night and that is on a good night.
There are some shows that i want to add to my collection like the following
1. Harry O
2. Serpico
3. Jericho
4. O'Hara Treasury Agent
5. Hooperman
6. Three's a crowd
7. Ropers
8. Matt Helm
9. Chico and the man
10.Hondo

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Received my S2 set today. Pressed as expected. Just watched the first ep, and quality looks solid- as good or better than S1.
Usually I don't pull the trigger this quick on a $50 set, but I was surprised how much I enjoyed the first season. It became a morning ritual to have a cup of tea and watch an ep as the sun came up and I was a bit sad when I exhausted that short set. Revisiting this material after having been away from it for so long is enormously satisfying. I couldn't order the second season fast enough when it went up.
Speaking of which, that's one of the things I most enjoy about the Archive releases. You just don't have that months long delay when things are first announced for retailers to get their orders in till the time you can actually purchase it.
It seemed like little more than a week passed between someone saying "it's coming' to actually getting it in the mail.
I'll probably be up for at least a third season as well. Didn't enjoy it as much once the cast started expanding to include Merle The Pearl and Davids wife, so I'll probably bail at that point,
BTW- even though this set was fairly pricey, I was able to order another new single title release and use the WBWISH coupon for $10 off the total.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
So I bought the first season hoping to get season 2 and it ends up only being sold for the Warner Archives? :f What a joke! And what's up with the price gouge of being split into two volumes? I thought only Paramount did that.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
With season 2 being released via the Archive Collection it makes me worried about the future of the rest of the series. Did season 1 sell so low that the series is now only going to be released through the Archive Collection?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
They just don't want to sell tv dvds in stores anymore. The stores dont want'em anyway. This is the new normal... offering classic shows directly to the consumer via the Archives. This move probably ensures that the rest of the series will make it to dvd...you just won't find it in stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks