What's new

Efrem Zimbalist Jr - R.I.P. (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Efrem Zimbalist Jr passed Friday 05/02 at his residence. News story is here .

He'll be remembered for his timeless role in "The F.B.I." in addition to his daughter's role in "Remington Steele".

Prayers & condolences to his family as we reflect on his contribution to what many here consider the era of a golden age of American TV entertainment.

telzall

Stunt Coordinator
second star to the right; straight on til morning
Real Name
joe
He did a lot of voice work in animation later in life.
Alfred on the highly acclaimed Animated Batman series comes to mind.
He was the "weak" son in House of Strangers with Edward G. Robinson, Richard Conte, Susan Hayward, Luther Adler. An impressive cast in one of my all time favorite movies.
He will be missed!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Besides watching him for many years on the The F.B.I., I grew fond of him reading scripture on various channels that I watch during the week. I had no idea that he did that until only recently. May he rest in peace.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
He was the son of the renowned violinist, Efrem Zimbalist, and the great soprano, Alma Gluck, who recorded with her husband and with, among others, Caruso. Both left many recordings in the acoustic era of 78 rpm recordings. Quite an artistic pedigree! RIP.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Worlds away from his most famous roles, but I have spent the morning enjoying his work on Maverick and Remington Steele. Twenty-five years of deadly seriousness in between did not dull the rascally charm he had when it was called for. He even used a similar voice for the two roles.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
An overlooked role. Sam Hendrix, husband to Audrey Hepburn, in Wait Until Dark.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
"The FBI" will always be what I associate him with but I also enjoyed his appearances as Dandy Jim Buckley on "Maverick" and its too bad that he couldn't do more of those guest shots because of his "77 Sunset Strip" obligations (I have to admit I have never seen an episode of that show). A very long and productive life.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
I met Efrem at the Andy Williams golf tournament here in San Diego in about 1980. He was in the celebrity tournament and was very nice. We talked about 77 Sunset Strip and he signed a 77 SS comic book I had. Some years later I got Edd "Kookie" Byrnes' signature on the same. Efrem was a very classy guy and good actor.

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
To me, of course, he'll always be Alfred from Batman: The Animated Series, the definitive interpretation of the Batman character. Had no idea he was so old, RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks