What's new

eBay question (1 Viewer)

Denward

Supporting Actor
There really is no excuse beyond the fact that sellers think that eBay overcharges and it's their way of making some of it back.
I would call that stealing. If I think I should pay $5 for DVDs, that doesn't make it right for me to buy one at MSRP and then steal 4 others.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Of course anyone CAN cancel a bid on any item or on them all if he/she wants BUT ebay rules specifically say that if the Reserve/minimum bid has been met then before cancelling the auction the high bidder has to be given the chance to buy it. I would turn him into Ebay since he didnt have a reason to cancel (Since he re-listed it). Though they will probably do NOTHING which is why Ebay sucks.

KyleS

Don Black

Screenwriter
Yawn. Here we go in circles again. Call it what you will. Report whomever you want. Life goes on. Time can be better spent.

Don Black

Screenwriter
Right, and speeders speed, people smoke weed, and everyone downloaded music from Napster. Preaching the moral high ground is the easy route to take. The fact that many people do it speaks as to the ridiculousness of the rule to being with.

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Preaching the moral high ground is the easy route to take.
I don't know that anyone is "preaching". Just stating the facts. And just because you assume "everyone" does things like speading, stealing and dl music from napster doesn't mean that everyone does. There are actually a few honest people out there in the world that don't rip other people off and don't like to get ripped off either....(or so I've heard)

Don Black

Screenwriter
I apologize. Preach was the wrong word. I'm going to bow out of this thread since we're going down a political, "spirited" road. Good debating with you!

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
Gosh, now he barred me from all his auction! :frowning:
I have no reason to continue now...
:D

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
If you notify eBay and include that correspondence, maybe they will take action. I think this is a clear case where you should be able to leave negative feedback, but since an actual transaction didn't take place, the system won't let you. (I do believe in the transactional based feedback system -- I just think there are times when exceptions should be allowed.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks