What's new

eBay question (1 Viewer)

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
I sold an item on ebay 5 days ago and have not received an email from the buyer. I have sent him 2 emails and have not gotten a response.

I requested more info on the guy from ebay and got his real name and phone number? Should I call him in Florida to see if he still wants it, or just go through the hassle of relisting the item? Thanks.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I recently had a problem like this. Somebody won Night Of The Living Dead(madacy version) for 3 dollars. After I contacted them once they did not send the payment for 3 weeks. I finally said in an email if I do not recieve payment bye Dec. 20th I will leave negative feedback. Today I sit without my 3 dollars and that user has negative feedback. So the way I see it I would give him a call and give him a chance. If nothing happens with that then just say forget it.

Paul O

Stunt Coordinator
Depends on the value of the item. If the buyer hasnt responded after repeated inquiries and you feel you could get an equivalent amount for the item - file a claim to get your listing and final value fees back and list it again - you'll save yourself the time and frustration of pursuing a deadbeat bidder.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
It is possible that he has sent payment already and doesn't feel he needs to reply. I've had that happen a time or two. Could also be that he bid and went away for a few days. The few times I have done this I always contacted the sellers in advance to let them know why I wouldn't be responding right away.

I'd also look at his feedback and see if it is out of character.

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'll just give him a call tomorrow. I only accept paypal and billpoint, so I would have been notified if I had received payment. There's probably a good chance he left for the holidays and forgot he had bid on something (his feedback rating is only +3). I'll give him a few more days, its not that expensive of an item anyways.

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
What's his feedback? Does he have any negative? List the details along that status. I sell on eBay all the time. I have problems like this occur constantly. I make any new user, users with zero or negative feedback E-mail me first. Otherwise I cancel the member's bid.

If the user's got good feedback, sent that user an eBay payment request. If the user has low or negative feedback it is most likely safe to assume that that user isnt going to pay you.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I'd give him a week or two. It's the holidays... If he's got +3 feedback, then he's not all bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks