What's new

ebay/PayPal question (1 Viewer)

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
I purchased an item on ebay via PayPal. The only account I have set up with PayPal is my debit car or check card number. The funds are then just directly debited out of my checking account (obviously) so I'm not "verified" or anything like that. So anyway, I sent the funds and the seller verified receipt of payment and blah blah blah. Anyway, to make a long story somewhat shorter, the bid didn't end up working out and the individual refunded my money. The was done two days ago. So I access my account via PayPal and it shows:

Refund from *the name of the seller* + $14.99
Transfer to Credit Card - $14.99

How long does it typically take to go from PayPal to my debit card and then back into my checking account. I'm not hard up for $14.99 but I don't necessarily want the funds floating in limbo either. I'm assuming since the only credit card I have on file with PayPal is my debit card then "transfer to credit card" would automatically go back to that form of payment. I verified with my local credit union both yesterday as well as today that they do not show any deposit going in for $14.99

Do I have to do something per se, at PayPal's website to transfer the funds? I didn't think I did. How can I be sure this will go through okay?

Scott.

Marshall W. Carter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall W. Carter
I've had this kind of thing happen to me on a couple of occasions, and haven't really had any problems. So long as everything has been entered correctly as far as the bank/routing numbets go, it should be finished in 3 or 4 days. That being said, I bank at a small credit union, and I have had the PayPal transfer process take as many as 7 business days to go through. It did indeed go through though, so I guess it's not really a big deal to wait a few extra days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks