What's new

Easter Parade DVD packaging question (1 Viewer)

DougGaertner

Auditioning
I just got Easter Parade on DVD from Ebay... My copy didn't have a paper slip sleeve over the keep case... The seller said it didn't come with one... true?

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
All I know is that if he took it out of the box collection...then no slip. I thought most of the titles that were sold individually came with the slipcases.

Shawn Cornwell

Stunt Coordinator
I saw a bunch of the individual "Easter" 2-discs at Target the week the set came out, and they all had the slip cases (ditto for "The Band Wagon").
Last year, I bought Disney's 2-disc "Alice in Wonderland" online and didn't receive the slip cover. Now I buy most of my Disney titles at Target the week of release, to ensure I get the cool slipcases.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Warner Bros. has been releasing all the Two-Disc SE stuff with a slipcover since (correct me if I'm wrong here) "Chariots of Fire" came out. Here's the catch though ... these appear to be a limited time only deal. The copies of "Chariots of Fire" I see at Best Buy now no longer have slipcovers. A lot of studios phase out slipcovers (like MGM with the "Rain Man" SE and tons of Disney stuff like "The Lion King" and "Pirates of the Caribbean"), so it's kind of an added incentive for packaging freaks like me to go out and buy new titles quickly.

For me, I like a uniform look, especially for titles that are part of a series. Being that I have a ton of the digipak Two-Disc SEs Warner did, I really like having these slipcovers on the new SE's because it makes them line up that much better on the shelf and look like they belong. That's why I have to pick these up at B&M's.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I bought the Classic Comedies boxset and the two 2-disc DVDs there were not slipcased. Sold separately they've got the slipcases...

Jing_B

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah it's true! I recently saw Easter Parade at a DVD store I always go to (I live in Canada) didn't have the slipcase. Plusthe one in the Broadway set doesn't have one as well. Strange, and even stranger is that To Be Or Not To Be isn't on sale anywhere here in Canada!

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Warner do not have the rights to sell TO BE OR NOT TO BE in Canada.

Drew Salzan

Second Unit
Easter Parade, The Band Wagon, Bringing Up Baby and The Philadelphia Story do indeed come with slipcases when sold separately, but not so in the collector sets. I would have preferred that the slipcases be included in the sets, but understand that it was probably a matter of economics. As with the other WHV box sets, it is considerably cheaper than purchasing the titles separately. Not a big enough deal for me.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
My EASTER PARADE slipcover had stickers on it anyway, so I just threw it away. No biggie. And no real need for it...the art is exactly the same as the art on the keepcase insert. Pretty unnecessary IMO.

I just got mye Classic Musicals Collection, but Easter Parade was a single disc release. No mentioning of a 2 disc set on the cover, and the cover pictured on the box set, shows no 2 disc banner on the Easter Parade coverart.

My set is Canadian. Could Warner have skipped the bonus disc on Canadian sets?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Yup, Easter Parade in Canada has no slip case or second disc, as the Judy Garland doc was not licensed.

I imported the US version to go into my Broadway collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks