What's new

Earthquake - reissue? (1 Viewer)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Indeed--turkeys like BEYOND THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE and WHEN TIME RAN OUT (a great final title for an exhausted genre) fill considerably tinier holes. I wonder if Canada's contribution to late 70s disaster, CITY ON FIRE, will ever resurface?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co

What other releases. Don't know if these are Universal or not but I'd love to see, "Twilight's Last Gleaming" and "By Dawn's Early Light".

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
BATTLE HYMN and TO HELL AND BACK. There's another thread about this elsewhere.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
To offer an opposing view, I saw GRAY LADY DOWN in a theater when first released and was horribly disappointed - Heston at his Schtickiest, and downright boring to boot. I will never watch it again.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I was 12 years old, and found its terse approach to the subject captivating, as I did the no-nonsense (but slyly humorous) approach to ocean-going terrorism in JUGGERNAUT. Films like that seemed "grown up" to me, and JUGGERNAUT is still terrific; whether time will be as kind to GRAY LADY DOWN, now that I am grown up, remains to be seen.

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
Anthony Neilson asks:
On the UK R2 of Earthquake, it actually says it's in Sensurround. I was presuming that was a joke. Do they really make any attempt to recreate it by pumping up the Sub or something ? And then getting you to sit on the speaker ?

If you don't mind the pal speed-up, the 4.1 audio on the "Earthquake" dvd is very impressive. There is a low frequency rumble track on the .1 and it works very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks