What's new

DYS Home Theater Kit. (1 Viewer)

Hi there.:D
I have a friend who have built a great HT´s speaker kit.
Take a look.:b

What do you think?.
I like those PR´s SW´s.:D
I´ll upload the response graphics,of each loudspeaker;soon.
CYA.;)

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
There are coned PR's in addition to PR's with flat diaphragms. Some are used in some KLH speakers. One thing I know is that PR'd systems can be designed for some very nice output. Philips systems with wOOx are some of the best sounding compact systems I have heard in stores, and wOOx uses a specialized passive radiator that has a long excursion to make up for size limitations (it has to fit into a small box so it cannot have a very large diameter.)

alejo lamadrid

Auditioning
:D Hello !!
My english is poor
:frowning:
Both kits are very nice !!
But, the cherry is spectacular :D :D :D !!
how much Passive Radiators have each SubWoofers in the Cherry´s Kit??
This kit looks as a very expensive "High End" system..;)
Where are made these kits ??
Bye :emoji_thumbsup:

Alejo, como te va?.:D
Es bueno encontrar un hermano rioplatense por estos lares.
Te comento que los parlantes son armados ahí, en tu paisito, si,sí; a pesar de la profunda crisis que estamos sufriendo en este lado del planeta; por suerte todavía hay personas emprendedoras.:emoji_thumbsup:
Te dejo este linkhttp://www.forodvdmania.com/phpBB2/, ahí no vas a tener problemas con el idioma;........ si te interesa, te comento que el precio de los parlantes esta de acorde a la situación actual; te aseguro que no vas a encontrar nada parecido, en ese rango de precio; y me arriesgo a decirte que ni siquiera muy por encima del mismo.:emoji_thumbsup:
Los SW "chicos", tienen 2 RP laterales.
Espero tu visita por le foro, te mando un saludo.
;)

alejo lamadrid

Auditioning
:D Hello Andrés !!
Thank´s.
I will go to this Argentine´s Forum, now!!!!
PD: me pareció que esos baffles tenían aires de mi tierra.
Son parecidos a los antiguos "Holimar", aunque adaptados al sonido multicanal.
Te recuerdo que en mi paisito, Holimar hizo los mejores amplificadores del mundo en la década de los ´70.
:emoji_thumbsup: :D
Y hoy, aún suena mejor que las mayoría de los amplificadores
comerciales Made in USA, Made in UK o Made in Japan...:thumbsdown:

Cam S

Screenwriter
Do we have a translater in the house???

Those are some nice looking speakers, they look my Bose killers to me!

Hi guys;thaks for your answers.:D
I have to say that;these models are protopites.
So the data, below; it will be diferent for the final ones.
SubWoofer(small):
W: 40cm
H: 40cm
D:50 cm
Weight: 17 Kg
Input Power: 150 watts RMS
Center Channel:
W: 55cm
H: 25cm
D:21cm
Weight: 8,5 Kg
Input Power: 50 watts RMS
Sats:
W: 21cm
H: 28,5cm
D:19cm
Weight: 4 Kg
Input Power: 50 watts RMS
May be, a pair of centers could be used, as sats. :D
Ill put the rest of the info. soon.
This is the basic kit;.............. Mike is working on some complex models, like a pair of towers.:emoji_thumbsup:
CYA.

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
Funny how Argentinian is such a close dialect to the spanish we speak in the states. The spanish that most Mexican Americans use that is, not the tex-mex, or proper spanish used by scholars.

alejo lamadrid

Auditioning
Hello Juan (or John)!!:emoji_thumbsup:
Your name appears as spanish.
Are your parents spanishs ??
I can speak in perfect spanish, but it's an english forum.
What is your opinion about this nice Argentinian 12" Subwoofers with twin 12" passive radiators??
The total area has more than 21" !!
And looks nearly perfect:D
In south Texas exists a similar loudspeaker??
And in USA ??
Which is it´s name ??
And which is it's price ??
Nice to meet you !! :b

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
Alejo, I am Hispanic, or Mexican American, whichever PC label to my ethnic origin you prefer. I too can speak in Spanish, I have been doing so all my life. But writing in Spanish is another thing. I grew up in the US, and learned grammer their way, so I don't know how to use spanish grammar rules all too well. Funny story, I went to Baylor University, where I minored in Spanish (for a semester), I would pass all the oral exams, and frequently corrected the professor or gave her another point of view, which she appreciated, but when it came time to discerning the placement of apostrophes, and other punctuations, I failed miserably. I got a C in the class where I was more advanced than all the other students.. go figure.

Anyway, back on topic, they are very nice speakers, well, enclosures really, the speakers don't look any more distinguished than what you can readily find here in the states. But your friend did do some really nice work on his matching sets.

hasta luegod

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
I like the way a passive radiator looks on a sub, more than I like the look of a port. I have a vented sub in its prefab box.. one day I will build my own, but only after I get my own house. No sense in doing so until I can actually enjoy what I have..

Typo on the luego in my other post.. I am at least grammatically smart enough to have gotten that right.. damn fat fingers : )

alejo lamadrid

Auditioning
No puedo creer que se esté debatiendo sobre Radiadres Pasivos versus Reflectores de Bajos (vented) en el foro!!!!
:angry:
Es como comparar motores turboalimentados versus atmosféricos (no turboalimentados) a igualdad de cilindrada.
Los detractores de los radiadores pasivos, habrán escuchado alguno bien diseñado alguna vez en su vida ??
Sorry, I'll traduce later.

Hello guys.:D
I have some new pics.
Mike did a great job again, he`s thinking about a kit of 5 full range kit. (LFE )
This is the "reference" line, he`s working on "entry" and flagship line.

Ill upload the pic. of the dipole sorround model, it isnt finished yet.
Remember that, these are prototipes; the final models will have spikes, and grills.:emoji_thumbsup:
CYA.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks