What's new

DVP-NS500V Quality compared to System (1 Viewer)

Joe.Kuta

Stunt Coordinator
This is my setup:
Mains: Axiom M3 or paradigm atom
Center: Axiom vp100 or cc170
Surrounds: Axiom M3 or paradigm atom
Sub: HSU VTF-2 or SVS 25-31PCi
Receiver: not sure yet, but around $500 for good quality (outlaw, denon, etc.)
TV: 32" Panasonic CT-32SF36
Is the DVP-NS500V a good DVD player for this setup, or would it not be able to compete (don't laugh if it would, i have no idea).
I haven't found much info on the video performance of this player.
I am aware of the bass management issues, etc., w/ SACD stereo.
Also wanna dbl check, this dvd player will work w/ my tv right?

Joe.Kuta

Stunt Coordinator
i would consider getting a non-sacd player if i could get much better audio/video performance for a similar price.

Gregg Z

Stunt Coordinator
I've got the 500V and I'm much happier with it as a SACD player than I am as a DVD player (but I am blowing the image up to 8 feet wide).

If your primary concern is video performance, I'd consider the Panasonic RP-56, RP-62, RP-82 (avail Aug), or RP-91 (the last two also being DVD-A players as well). The Sony 500V and 700P both have the chroma bug.

If you must have SACD without sacrificing video, I'd consider buying 2 separate players; the Sony SCD-CE775 (5 disc multichannel SACD player) and the Panasonic RP-56. That combo would set you back about $400.

Personally, I'm going to hang on to the 500V to use as a SACD player and will probably get a RP-82 or RP-91 by the end of the year to use as my DVD player. Plus this setup will give me both SACD and DVD-A capability.

Gregg

Joe.Kuta

Stunt Coordinator
i'll have to read about this chroma bug.
-how is the Panasonic RA60?
-I wanted to note that my TV does not have component inputs, :angry: , how much of a difference is there b/t component and s-video (or rca, i heard s-video is better).
/edit: found answer:
s-video 20% better than composite
component 25% better than composite
So... it's ok, i guess :frowning:
-i posted in another thread asking the advantage of progressive scan (interlaced) w/ my TV?
Tnx!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks