What's new

DVD - Star Trek VI Re-Issue? (1 Viewer)

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
Mark,

Other than bootlegged videotapes recorded during its original theatrical run 11 years ago, no. The extended edition has been the only version of Trek VI from Paramount Home Entertainment.

The above statement is not an endorsement of piracy.

Regards,

D

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
Just out of curiosity, what was different about the original theatrical ending vs. what has been put out on video to date?

I saw the film once in the theater when it came out and own the current crappy DVD, but I never knew there was a difference in the theatrical version (other than the aspect ratio).

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Just out of curiosity, what was different about the original theatrical ending vs. what has been put out on video to date?
All the scenes about the "rescue" operation in the President's office including Col. West (Rene Auberjonois) and his flip charts; the discussion about the assasination attemped being "in the news" and whether or not Klingons had tear ducts; and the discovery at the end that the Klingon assassin was Col. West in makeup - hence the "Scooby Doo ending".
That's most of it - look Link Removed
Joel

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
Of course the extended version could be Mr. Meyer's intended vision and those scenes weren't in the theatrical release because of time. I note the first time I saw the extended sequences was when the movie first aired on a pay cable channel (HBO or Cinemax, I think).

In any event if it's the Director's Cut, then you may be stuck with it whether you like it or not...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks