DVD Sound problem............

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Tim Horn, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Tim Horn

Tim Horn Extra

hey guys, I am having a bit of a problem. When I play a DVD and the scene gets to something with action the sound noticeably pitches out and gets a lot quieter, then returns to normal when the main action is done.

This happens in Raiders of the Lost Ark, with one of the times being at the end when Indiana Jones and Marion are tied to a post when all the ghosts and demons fly by them when the Ark opens, the sound is very quiet. It also happens in Hulk when Hulk is fighting the "hulk" dogs, the sound noticeably pitches out.

I have a Sony full home theatre system (DAV-BC250 Integrated Home theatre in a box)and am playing the movies at Dolby 5.1

Anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks

Tim

2. Mike Likens

Mike Likens Stunt Coordinator

What does "pitches out" mean? I understand quieter. Perhaps you have the Dynamic Range control activated. Turn off all Dynamic Range compression. Are you sure you are processing a DD 5.1 signal?

3. Tim Horn

Tim Horn Extra

the audio goes quiet in certain places is what I mean. How do I know if I am processing 5.1? When I go into the home theatre's option menu while in the movie it says it is doing DD 5.1. And what is dynamic range control?

Thanks